Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rule Changes for Singles and Pairs

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Who's in charge of keeping tabs on the 3 second spiral hold? and will he be alert to skaters whom he favors?

Achieving Level 4 elements (I say tricks) will keep the orthopedics in business.

Fall deductions. How does that work? How much credit does one get for missing a completed jump? The minus 1 to me is like a gift for falling on a quad. Who judges this? the Tech Spec or the Judges?
    The way I'm reading it, I think the Referee looks like the ultimate time keeper of all time related stuff. Experts, let me know if I'm reading this wrong.

Looks like the Technical Controller is the arbitor of falls. Other takes on this??

DG

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateri
    I'm confused as to why the GOEs have been de-emphasised, since I thought that the judges were actually being fairly accurate with these. It's the TCS mark they seemed to be screwing around on. Has the TCS mark not been looked at at all?
    The GOE's have not been de-emphasised -- as hockeyfan posted. They are about the same as last year for spins, steps, spirals. It wouldn't make sense to have a GOE of -3.0 for an element that itself wasn't worth that much (only level 4s are even worth 3 points). Once you get to triple and quad jumps, the GOE points are higher (i.e. +3 to -3).

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5
    The GOE's have not been de-emphasised -- as hockeyfan posted. They are about the same as last year for spins, steps, spirals. It wouldn't make sense to have a GOE of -3.0 for an element that itself wasn't worth that much (only level 4s are even worth 3 points). Once you get to triple and quad jumps, the GOE points are higher (i.e. +3 to -3).
    Ah, missed that. Thanks. Do I still get to grumble about the TCS scores, though?

k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2