Ilia Kulik

Katia Gordeeva
Michelle Kwan

B/S
S/P

Becca

shine

Record Breaker
Yay! Another one of my favorite great topics!
Skaters who I enjoy the most are-
AmazingEmanuel
Alexei Yagudin
Stephannne Lambiel :D
Matt Savoie
Silivo Smalun
Stanick Jeannette
Takeshi Honda
Sasha Abt
Artur Dimitriev
Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze
Pang & Tong
Yukina Ota
Michelle Kwan
Julia Lautowa
Susanna Poykio
Ye Bin Mok
Fumie Suguri
Krylova & Ovsiannikov

Past favs:
Rudy Galindo
Kristina Czako
Alexei Urmanov
Oksana Baiul
Laetitia Hubert

Enjoy the summer!

Last edited:

lil_icesk8er915

On the Ice
Here are some of my faves!

I admire a lot of skaters! And here are a few, and they're not in any specific order!

Ladies
Michelle Kwan
Beatrisa Liang
Ann Patrice McDonough
Jenny Kirk
Sasha Cohen
Sarah Hughes
Tara Lipinski
Surya Bonaly
Dorothy Hamill
Shizuka Arakawa
Fumie Suguri
Yuka Sato
Nicole Bobek
Kristi Yamaguchi
and more...

Men
Alexei Yagudin
Elvis Stojko
Dan Hollander
Michael Weiss
Scott Hamilton
Todd Eldredge
Phillipe Candeloro (sp?)
Victor Petrenko
and more...

Pairs
Gordeeva and Gringkov (sp?)
Sale and Pelletier (sp?)
Shen and Zhou
Ina and Zimmerman
and more...

Dance
Bourne and Kraatz
Lang and Tcherneshev (sp?)
Belbin and Agosto
and more...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ah...

Like before, I don't (and didn't) really have a selected favorite, but I am starting to enjoy watching more people as I get familiar with this sport that's still relatively new to me. I still only follow ladies' skating but I have watched a couple of pairs performances (S/Z from World's 2003, B/S from World's 2001) and enjoyed them. However only the future knows how I will feel later...

Panther2000

On the Ice
My Favorite are

Ladies: Past & present
Michelle Kwan
Kristie Y
Debbie Thomas
Sasha C
Sarah H

Men: Past & Present
Alexei Y
Paul W
Todd E
Y. Plushenko
Brian B
Kurt B
Scott H

Pairs Past & Present
G &G
Tie & Randy
Ina & John
Elena & Anton
Underhill & Martini

Dance: Past & PResent
T & D
I forget their names: But, the russain dance team She was a redhead. They were very dramatic. A great pair.

Germanice

On the Ice
Panther2000 said:

Dance: Past & PResent
T & D
I forget their names: But, the russain dance team She was a redhead. They were very dramatic. A great pair.

Natalia Bestemianova & Andrej Bukhin? They skated at the same time as T/D, even 4 years longer, and became Olympic Champions in 1988?

Anke

Panther2000

On the Ice
THATS THEM

Thanks,

I always loved them. they were great. But, towards the end of their competive careers they were getting to heavy in the dramatics. They were well suited for the professional stage. Perfect I would say

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
As I always say on these favorite skaters threads...I have way too many to name, so here are my top top favorites:

Kristi Yamaguchi :)
Nicole Bobek
Naomi Nari Nam
Sasha Cohen
Brian Boitano
Christopher Bowman
Mishkutenok & Dmitriev
Bechke & Petrov
Meno & Sand
Usova & Zhulin
Punsalan & Swallow
Silverstein & Pekarek
Belbin & Agosto

I really want to list hundreds of more names, but I'll quit there. ;)

Antilles

Medalist
Quote: "I forget their names: But, the russain dance team She was a redhead. They were very dramatic. A great pair."

That could also describe Klimova and Ponomarenko. They weren't quite as dramatic as B&B, but dramatic nonetheless.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I love reading who everyone likes. I'm like Doris, I like a lot of "second tier" skaters, but of course my first love is Evgeni. :p

But I also love Alexander Abt. Hmm, no drooling smilie yet.

Let's see, I also admire (in no particular order)...

Sergei Davydov
Brian Joubert
Vakthang Murvandizde
Matt Savoie
Alexei Yagudin

Mostly the men, obviously.

Laura, off to ponder some more :)

Lcp88

On the Ice
Dance:
Shae and Vic :)
Lang and Tchernyshev
Denkova and Skaviski (sp)

Men:
Alexei Yagudin
Brian Joubert
Johnny Weir
And I'm starting to really like Sergei Davydov

Women:
Michelle Kwan
Jenny Kirk
Fumie Siguri
Jennifer Robinson (We have the same birthday:))

Pairs:
Meno and Sand
The Hartsell's
Ina and Zimmerman

Laura

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Favorite Skaters

For me it would have to be:

Ladies
Michelle
Kristi
Katarina
Yuka

Men
Scott H
Kurt B
Yags
Plushy

Pairs
JM & TS

Dance
JT & CD

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Let me guess...Michelle Kwan. It's not surprising that Michelle is the most popular skater(eligible).Offcourse almost everyone here is going to list her as one of their favorite.

tdnuva

On the Ice
Excidra2001 said:
Let me guess...Michelle Kwan. It's not surprising that Michelle is the most popular skater(eligible).Offcourse almost everyone here is going to list her as one of their favorite.

Thanks for doing the thought work for me - but no. Please let me have my own favorites and - believe it or not - there is a whole world out there who wouldn't list her as a favorite.

As I said on my list, I have favorites (and MK is not one of them, sorry) and I like many more skaters now and then (and MK is one of them). But I'd like to choose myself whom I like especially or not.

And btw - I don't know if you do her a favor if you lift her higher than she is....

Generally spoken, it's hard for me to decide which eligible skater I like most, cause most of the routines today don't show enough art and heart for me. I could tell which one I like most for jumping, for spinning, for whatever, but with those required elements it's hard to tell about the personality. And only if I notice that (for me, my eyes, my feelings) I can call someone a favorite of mine. Perhaps that's a personal problem of mine. :D

As I didn't have many eligible skaters on my list I might add e.g. Takeshi Honda (whom I saw live this spring in a show and I liked it when he did a 3a right in front of me and he showed his excitement about it, too) and Denkova & Staviyski (who do interesting programs - besides their last free dance which I didn't like - and seem to be really nice people. But as I said, if I will remember them fondly also in some years from now, well, time will show....

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, I would have thought (and think perhaps Smashy thought so too) was that Yagudin was mentioned most often.

And I think he is probably the skater most popular with both European and North American fans.

I like him myself!

And I like Kwan, this year especially.

But truly, truly, the only skaters (and the only videotape) that my husband (the reluctant, dragged along by his wife sort of skating fan) asked for when he was in the hospital for 63 days was Torvill and Dean, Path to Perfection, and the particular performance he wanted to watch over and over was the OSP, Capriccio Espagnol (paso doble). No other skaters have ever had that kind of effect on me either.

dpp

Last edited:

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
Ladies -

La Kwan
AP
Fumie
Carolina
Midori
LuLu
I also liked that young female Chinese skater that I saw at worlds (Dan Feng?). I think she's really charming and I'll be keeping an eye out for her in the future

Men -

Paul
Baboo
Matt
Ryan Jahnke
Lambiel
Johnny Weir

Pairs - (not a big pairs fan)

S&S
M&D
Steigler & Zimmerman (RIP)

Dance -

A&P
G&P
T&D
K&O
Tanith & Ben

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
Only listing the favorite three or the list would be too big...

Men:
Alexei Yagudin
Kurt Browning
Brian Orser

Ladies:
Michelle Kwan
Sasha Cohen
Kristi Yamaguchi

Pairs:
Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze
Sale & Pelletier
Abitbol & Bernadis

Dance:
Anissina & Peizerat
Bourne & Kraatz
Torvilll & Dean

Excidra2001

On the Ice
tdnuva said:
Thanks for doing the thought work for me - but no. Please let me have my own favorites and - believe it or not - there is a whole world out there who wouldn't list her as a favorite.

As I said on my list, I have favorites (and MK is not one of them, sorry) and I like many more skaters now and then (and MK is one of them). But I'd like to choose myself whom I like especially or not.

And btw - I don't know if you do her a favor if you lift her higher than she is....

Generally spoken, it's hard for me to decide which eligible skater I like most, cause most of the routines today don't show enough art and heart for me. I could tell which one I like most for jumping, for spinning, for whatever, but with those required elements it's hard to tell about the personality. And only if I notice that (for me, my eyes, my feelings) I can call someone a favorite of mine. Perhaps that's a personal problem of mine. :D

As I didn't have many eligible skaters on my list I might add e.g. Takeshi Honda (whom I saw live this spring in a show and I liked it when he did a 3a right in front of me and he showed his excitement about it, too) and Denkova & Staviyski (who do interesting programs - besides their last free dance which I didn't like - and seem to be really nice people. But as I said, if I will remember them fondly also in some years from now, well, time will show....

I hope you know that i'm not a Michelle fan, maybe that's why you have the impression that i'm lifting her higher then she is. Some don't like Michelle and some do but it doesn't take a genius to realize that she is the most popular female skater in America at the moment.
It would be safe to say that she's a house-hold name. I just recently visited my cousins(ages 7-12, 3 girls and one boy). Two of them saw me watching figure skating(on tape) and when Michelle came on, they knew who she was. Well they didn't know her last name but they know she's a skater. All though they don't know who Sasha is but they think she is VERY talented(They usually want to see her doing the spiral) and Irina very strong(which means powerful)