Onda
Angela
Jenny

men:
Weiss
Timmy
Plush
Honda

Pair and dance don't really have any skaters that interest me right now.

Smasheroo

Spectator
Time to post finally my fave skaters :

Maria Butyrskaya
Irina Slutskaya
Sasha Cohen
Elena Sokolova
Alexei Yagudin
Kurt Browning
Alexander Abt
Alexei Urmanov
Brian Boitano
Brian Orser

Not that much interested in pairs and dance.

*Smashy*

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
I volunteer to count the votes LOL I counted until purplecat's post (including it) and these are the 3 most voted in each discipline:

Men:
Alexei Yagudin - 16
Brian Boitano and Kurt Browning - 8
Evgeni Plushenko - 6

Ladies:
Michelle Kwan - 13
Sasha Cohen - 9
Kristi Yamaguchi - 8

Pairs:
Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze - 11
Gordeeva and Grinkov - 9
Sale & Pelletier and Ina and Zimmerman - 7

Dance:
Bourne & Kraatz and Lang and Tchernyshev- 6
Belbin & Agosto - 5
Torville & Dean, Anissina & Peizerat, the Duchesnays - 4

I'll try to update the list and post the complete one later on.

Last edited:

frozetoez

Rinkside
Past & Present in no particular order

ladies

Michelle Kwan
Sasha Cohen
Kristi Yamaguchi
Jenny Kirk
Caryn Kadavy
Katia Gordeeva
Yuka Sato

men

Paul Wylie
Dan Hollander
Ilia Kulik
Brian Boitano
Scott Williams
Brian Orser

pairs

Gordeeva & Grinkov
Sale & Pelletier
Underhill & Martini
Meno & Sand
Hough & Ladret
Kazakova & Dmitriev
Sato & Dungjen

dance

Torvill & Dean
Klimova & Ponomarenko
Bourne & Kraatz
Roca & Sur

Re: YAY!!!

Smasheroo said:
You'll NEVER!!! guess which skater has been mentioned most (so far)! :p

*Smashy* (GROW UP!!!)
You're right!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Alexei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya-a-a-ay!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Mathman (I'LL NEVER GROW UP, LOL)

Last edited:

Smiley0884

Rinkside
Favorite skaters
Dance:
Naomi Lang and Peter Tchernyshev :)
Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizerat

Ladies:
Michelle Kwan
Sasha Cohen
Kristi Y.
Midori Ito

Mens
Alexei Yagudin
Johnny Weir
Tim Goebel
Brian Joubert

Pairs:
Don and Hunt
Ina and Zimmerman
Shen and Zhao

Germanice

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
I think it would have been easier (and maybe more sensible) if you listed your non favorite skater.

Joe
Seriously? ;) But it's against the rules, isn't it? Personally I'd find a "least favourite/most boring skater(s)" thread quiiiiite interesting .... ;)
Some don't like Michelle and some do but it doesn't take a genius to realize that she is the most popular female skater in America at the moment.
America = USA? Awww, no doubts here (... uhmm, somehow we've already sensed something like that ... :D). Where else?

Anke

Last edited:
America = USA? Awww, no doubts here (... uhmm, somehow we've already sensed something like that ... :D). Where else? -- Anke [/B]

Well, the thing to remember about Michelle Kwan, Anke, is that she is the champion of the whole world, not just America. An amazing achievement, if you think hard about it. The best in the whole world!

I think that Europe's problem is not the popularity of Michelle Kwan as an individual, but the lack of popularity of figure skating as a whole, don't you? I was just reading an interview with Philippe Candeloro about all the difficulties that European skaters face in trying to attract any kind of audience interest in their sport. His tours play to very small houses, they can barely make ends meet, they cannot attract any commercial sponsorship, television networks are not interested, etc., etc. About the only thing European champions have to look forward to is maybe if they are good enough (and poplular enough in the U.S.), they might be invited to come to American and skate in Champions on Ice.

That way, Michelle can pack in the audience, and the guest skaters can make a little money, too, off Michelle's immense popularity.;)

Your pal, Mathman

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I think it would have been easier (and maybe more sensible) if you listed your non favorite skater.;)

Joe

no kidding LOL

though I probably have a big list there too LOL

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Mathman said:

That way, Michelle can pack in the audience, and the guest skaters can make a little money, too, off Michelle's immense popularity.;)

Your kidding right? :)

Mathman said:

Well, the thing to remember about Michelle Kwan, Anke, is that she is the champion of the whole world, not just America. An amazing achievement, if you think hard about it. The best in the whole world!

Michelle has achieved a lot in her skating career but the best in the whole world? How come your only the judge of that.:D

Last edited:
Originally posted by Excidra2001

Your kidding right? :)
Yeah, I was kidding. I was trying to tease Germanice, but I don't think Germanice is tease-able. I figured that she would come back with a snappy retort.

Michelle has achieved a lot in her skating career but the best in the whole world? How come your only the judge of that.:D
No, the nine judges at Worlds were the judge of that. Just like Irina was the best skater in the world in 2002. That's my opinion and the opinion of the judges.:)

2loop, I love your Kristi avatar. (Kristi = the best in the word in 1991 and 1992, LOL.)

Mathman

Germanice

On the Ice
Mathman said:

I think that Europe's problem is not the popularity of Michelle Kwan as an individual, but the lack of popularity of figure skating as a whole, don't you? I was just reading an interview with Philippe Candeloro about all the difficulties that European skaters face in trying to attract any kind of audience interest in their sport. His tours play to very small houses, they can barely make ends meet, they cannot attract any commercial sponsorship, television networks are not interested, etc., etc. About the only thing European champions have to look forward to is maybe if they are good enough (and poplular enough in the U.S.), they might be invited to come to American and skate in Champions on Ice.

That way, Michelle can pack in the audience, and the guest skaters can make a little money, too, off Michelle's immense popularity.

Your pal, Mathman
Aww, Mathman, you're overrating us (who else?). Frankly, Kwan is not exactly the skater who'd fill arena's in Europe, no matter if she'd skate naked or distribute lollipop's among the crowd. ;) (Don't be too disappointed, pal!). If she were OLYMPIC!!! Champion at least! But I've been told she always screwed that big time ... is that true? :D

Just had a look at the statistics of last saison ... seems like Kwan actually became World Champion then ..... BUT, Mathman!, the more logical part of the two of us, I don't think I have to tell YOU the difference between a World Champion and a "Champion of the whole wide world"??? Well, if your "world" ends at the Canadian-/Mexician border and the Atlantic/Pacific, you might be right. :cool:

Anke

Last edited:
Anke, I am trying to think of a rational response to your post, but the concept of Michelle distributing lollipops to the crowd has temporarily fried my brain.;)

Mathman

gezando

Final Flight
"naked", I think that is the German skater Kat Witt's speciality. :)

Last edited:

Germanice

On the Ice
Actually ... I don't give a damn how "good" or "bad" German skaters are ... in opposite to many others here I only root for skaters I REALLY LIKE, no matter where they come from. If one of them is German by chance, fine, if not ... so what? ;)

As for Kati, at least SHE HAS something to offer, huh? :D But if this is too much for you, well ... why not just look away!? :rolleyes:

Anke

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
Germanice said:
Actually ... I don't give a damn how "good" or "bad" German skaters are ... in opposite to many others here I only root for skaters I REALLY LIKE, no matter where they come from. If one of them is German by chance, fine, if not ... so what?
As for Kati, at least SHE HAS something to offer, huh? :D But if this is too much for you, well ... why not just look away!?

Anke

Of course you root for the ones you really like, and Lu Chen was beat by Michelle Kwan in worlds 96, Olympics 98, world pro 98 and.... ouch....

About what Kat has to offer, and who is taking up the offer, ah... this is a family friendly forum, so I guess you will just have to hold off or they call that sublimation?

Last edited: