Yuka Sato

Men
Alexei Yagudin
Kurt Browning
Brian Boitano
Paul Wylie
Rudy Galindo
Rohene Ward
*I used to enjoy watching Takeshi Honda, but he's lost something in his skating. :\

Pairs
Shen and Zhao
Elena and Anton
Don and Hunt
Kalesavich and Parchem

Dance
Torvill and Dean
Roca and Sur
Lang and Tchenyschev
Denkova and Stavyski

Lanlie

Spectator
Men
Alexei Yagudin
Yevgeni Plushenko
Ilia Kulik
Tim Goebel

Pairs
B & S
Shen & Zhoa

Dance
L & T
Belbin & Agosto
B & K

Ladies
Michelle Kwan :D
AP
Fumie Suguri

Lisa

On the Ice
gezando said:
Lisa, I assume by "criticize" you mean constructive criticism. There is a huge difference between good will skating criticism, "posting an opinion" and purposeful chronic skater dissing, taking a skater down a notch as often as possible, wishing a skater do poorly, and persistent negativism, ala GI towards her least favorite skater. Please do not equate that to "good will criiticism" or "posting an opinion". I know the difference, I am sure you do too. Some posters behave that way because their favorite was beaten by their least favorite. We have seen some Kwan fans did that to Tara, some Lulu fan did that to Kwan, and Kwan beat Lulu in 1996? Chen got over it, evidently some of her fans did not.

Have I ever say anything AGAINST Irina and Sarah? Definbitely not, I was tickled pink to see Sarah won her Olympic gold medal. I was asking the skating gods to grant Irina her first world gold in 2002. I hope some Japanese skater will win gold in worlds 2004.

Gezando, I'm delighted to notice that we totally agree about constructive criticism. It's by far my favorite! ;) And I certainly didn't want to imply that you ever said anything against other skaters.
But I think you do Germanice wrong by saying she bashes Kwan because she has beaten her favorite skater. As far as I have got her, her attitude hasn't got anything to do with skaters she likes. Of course I won't go deeper into that because it's not my task to interprete the opinions of another poster.

S

SkateFan4Life

I consider virtually all of the skaters listed in this thread as my favorite skaters!! :D :D

Perhaps my all-time favorite skater, however, is Dorothy Hamill.
I consider her to be the essence of grace, athleticism, creativity, and flair.

Long may you skate, Dorothy!!

bumblebee1

Rinkside
My favorite skaters:

Michelle Kwan- I lived in her neck of the woods for eight years. (I have a habit of rooting for skaters who live in my neck of the woods.)
Krisit Yamaguchi
Irina Slutskaya- Her personality draws me in. I've always liked powerful skaters, male or female.
Angela Nikodinov- Her skating is easy on the eyes.
Elvis Stojko- Yes, it's the power thing.
Christopher Bowman- His mischievious showman side is what caught my eye. He was also easy on the eyes.
Alexei Yagudin- Yes, it's the power thing again. He's also easy on the eyes. I also get the impression that he could have a very mischievious side.
Surya Bonaly- She's quite a powerful woman. She could put some guys to shame with her technical abilities.
Timothy Goebel- He's just so adorable. Yes, his presentation leaves something to be desired.
Brian Boitano- The man cuts a majestic figure on the ice.
Josee Chouinard

Man, that's quite a list.

gezando

Final Flight
Lisa, I edited this post, because in an earlier message, I made an assumption that you agreed with me that GI bashes Michelle. I might have assumed wrong, you might have totally approved of GI, or thought her negative comments about Michelle is cute or whatever.

I agree it may be best not to read minds, or figure out what motivates GI to consistently behave like that towards Michelle Kwan in the past few years.

Last edited:
Now, now. Check it out posters. Opinions whether dumb or not are just opinions. There are many reasons for opinions that are not clear. If the poster doesn't want to explain the opinion then forget the opinon, or better still, forget the poster.

As Auntie Mame said, "Life is a banguet, and you ^&*%#s are starving yourselfs.

Joe

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Peggy Fleming-she is the reason I got interested in skating

Janet Lynn

Robin Cousins

Caryn Kadavy

Kristi Yamaguchi-pro years

Brian Boitano

Todd Eldredge

Gordeeva & Grinkov

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Ladies...
MICHELLE KWAN
AP McDonough
Fumie Suguri
Sasha Cohen

Men...
Alexei Yagudin
Brian Boitano
Paul Wylie
Todd Eldredge
Tim Goebel
Takeshi Honda

Pairs...
Shen & Zhao
Bereznaya & Sikharalidze
Ina & Zimmerman

Dance...
Lang & Tchernyshev
Denkova & Stavisky

Lisa

On the Ice
Gezando, actually I neither meant to agree with Germanice nor to disagree ....
Personally, I recognize Michelle's talent, but she is not my favorite skater. But for now I would prefer not to get deeper into that, maybe we can discuss this later on. Or in private, if you want. :)

What I meant earlier is that Germanice doesn't try to defend her own favorites. IMHO. :)

qoo

Rinkside
Ladies...

Yukina Ota
Carolina Kostner
Sasha Cohen
Angela Nikodinov
Oksana Baiul
Miki Ando

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Eligibles:

Michelle Kwan
Sasha Cohen
Irina Slutskaya
Elena Sokolova
Fumie Suguri
Alexei Yagudin
Takeshi Honda
Chengjang Li
Scott and Duhlebon
Shen and Zao
Belbin and Agosto

Pros:

Nancy Kerrigan
Peggy Fleming
Dorothy Hamill
Yuka Sato
Maria Butyrskaya
Brian Boitano
Victor Petrenko
Todd Eldredge
Brasseur and Eisler
Sale and Pelletier
Dimitriev and Partners!!!
Babilonia and Gardner
Hartshorn and Sweiding
Torvill and Dean
Klimova and Ponemorenko
Roca and Sur

And God only knows what her status is!!!:

Sarah Hughes!!!! :laugh:

lulu

Final Flight
Ladies:

Midori Ito
Yuka Sato
Irina Slutskaya

Ladies I haven't seen long enough to consider them a "favorite" but like their style.

Carolina Kostner
Elena Sokolova

Pairs:
Mishkutenok & Dmitriev
Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze
Kazakova & Dmitriev
Gordeeva & Grinkov
Kawaguchi & Markutsov
Ina & Zimmerman

Ice Dance:
Lobacheva & Averbukh
Klimova & Ponomarenko

Men:
Not really a fan...
Some of the ones I like
Victor Petrenko
Evgeni Plushenko
Johnny Weir

BrokenAnkle

Rinkside
All time favorites are Michelle Kwan and Elvis Stojko

Also have enjoyed nearly everything of
Brian Boitano
Yuka Sato
Punsalen and Swallow
Sale and Pelletier
Kasakova and Dimitriev
Klimova and Ponomorenko (sorry for mangling the spelling)
Victor Petrenko
Rudy Galindo

And even skaters who are not my favorites have their moments
like Maria Butryskaya's Habanera and Yags' Broken Arrow.

BA

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
BrokenAnkle said:
And even skaters who are not my favorites have their moments
like Maria Butryskaya's Habanera and Yags' Broken Arrow.

BA

Now there's a thread!

I'm not a Slutskaya fan, but I loved her Schindler's List. Petrova and Tikhonov's Nutcracker program in 2002 was my favorite pairs SP of the season. I thought the Duchesnays' Savage Rites was fantastic, although I didn't like anything else they did, not even Missing (I). I loved the Urmanov's jumps, posture, and edges, and I uniformly hated his choreography. (I don't think I'll ever get over his having the talent to follow in Curry's elegant footsteps and instead choosing bad taste. That to me is wasted talent, not Christopher Bowman's personal descent into drugs.)