What movies are you looking forward to this summer? | Golden Skate

What movies are you looking forward to this summer?

K-Mo

On the Ice
Now that Star Wars is here, summer movie season has gotten off to a great start! What other movies are you looking forward to this summer?

I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I know a lot of people think it's practically sacreligious to remake this movie, but I'm a big fan of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. Roald Dahl wrote the kind of book that Tim Burton could have some fun with.

I also want to see War of the Worlds because it's just not summer without a popcorn flick. What can I say? I love to see things explode on the big screen!

Buzzz

Final Flight
Apart from WAR OF THE WORLDS, I also want to see, BATMAN BEGINS, THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS, THE GRIMM BROTHERS, THE FANTASTIC FOUR, DARK WATER, FOUR BROTHERS. :love:

nicole_l

Final Flight
Lords of Dogtown
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Grimm Brothers
Wedding Crashers
The Island
40 Year Old Virgin

I really cannot wait for Lords of Dogtown, though. The documentary was amazing, and I love Heath Ledger.

K-Mo

On the Ice
I want to see Batman Begins, too! The Grimm Brothers looks interesting. I haven't actually seen a preview for it yet, but I have read some stuff about it. I think it looks fun.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Although I like Johnny Depp, there will only be one Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder. Tim Burton's version just looks plastic and unemotional to me.

As for what I'm looking forward to, I'm really not sure yet. :)

Lucy25

Final Flight
Count me in as not wanting to see the new Willie Wonka movie at all. I have seen lots of previews and Johnny Depp's interpretation looks just plain creepy. No thanks.

I am hoping that the new Bewitched will be half decent.

SingAlto

On the Ice
War of the Worlds and Bewitched. I don't think I'll go see Charlie & the Choc. Factory. I hated the first one, and I have my doubts about this one.

heyang

Record Breaker
How can you not like Oompa-loompa's? :laugh: Actuallly, I don't plan to see the Willie Wonka remake. Tim Burton movies aren't my favorites.

I'd like to see Crash, War of the Worlds, Madagascar, and Bewitched.

Aloft04

On the Ice
"Wallace & Gromit" have a new movie coming out!

I love these claymation characters from Britain's Aardman Animation and they're teaming with Pixar for a full-length film. They've won Academy Awards for animated shorts with "The Wrong Trousers" and I loved their follow-ups "A Close Shave" and "A Grand Day Out".

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lucy25 said:
Count me in as not wanting to see the new Willie Wonka movie at all. I have seen lots of previews and Johnny Depp's interpretation looks just plain creepy. No thanks.

I am hoping that the new Bewitched will be half decent.

I'm with you, Lucy.........I've just seen "Star Wars", so the next movie to look forward to is "War Of The Worlds"..........42

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Lords of Dogtown
Madagascar
The Longest Yard!

Lucy25

Final Flight
Just saw Madagasgar with my neices. As a whole the story needs work, but it was very funny. I think the humor is geared more towards adults than kids. I saw the Wallace and Gromit preview on Saturday and I can't wait to see this, too.

Johar

Medalist
War of the Worlds
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (if it gets good reviews)
The Island

However, since I don't drive and out theater shut down after a year, I will have to see these on video unless I get lucky and find a date to take me! :rofl: