Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Michelle makes it official!!!

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever

Michelle makes it official!!!

Apparently she was on the Today show this morning, and told Katie she was "going to go for it!"
    She is in NY for a VISA event.

Good for you Michelle ... go for it!!!

Custom Title
    You go, girl!!!

I have to admit, I didn't think she would 'go for it' but I am happy she will. That's the answer to Question 1.

Question 2. Will she incorporate all the elements she can do for the points in this time of new scoring? Any surprises? - we should not hold our breath.

Question 3. Has the musics been chosen for the SP and LP.

Question 4. Are choreographies done by whomever did them?

Another question not concerning Kwan but does anyone know if there will be Campbells this year?

Joe

Aw, c'mon Joe. Have a little faith!

There supposedly is going to be a Campbells event ... I believe October 8th (no location yet).

I would bet she will have some surprises for us. Don't know if music has been chosen or programs completed yet. But then, I am not hearing anything from Irina, Sasha, Shizuka, Carolina etc. So no need to expect these decisions to be made public by Michelle and no one else.

Custom Title
    I am soooo happy. I think she is following her heart and that must be incredibly hard to do - she'd save herself so much grief if she settled for what she's already done. She's willing to try for her dream and willing to put up with all that will come her way if she fails. I so admire her choices.

I completely agree Kathy!

#1 Boricua Baby
    Actually this is pretty early for her to decide - iirc this is the earliest she's ever said right before Olympic Season? Hope she starts early I wish her all the best.. I would LOVE to see her on top in Torino.

Tripping on the Podium
    I never had any doubt that she would "go for it". Michelle has a marketing deal with VISA (has had for quite some time). I think that they would have been pretty ticked off if she hadn't decided to "go for it".

Kathie

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I have to admit, I didn't think she would 'go for it' but I am happy she will. That's the answer to Question 1.

Question 2. Will she incorporate all the elements she can do for the points in this time of new scoring? Any surprises? - we should not hold our breath.

Question 3. Has the musics been chosen for the SP and LP.

Question 4. Are choreographies done by whomever did them?

Another question not concerning Kwan but does anyone know if there will be Campbells this year?

Joe
    Actually I would have been surprised if she had said "I am not doing it again". What I mean, is that I had the feeling that if she kept competing year after year, taking one at a time, she must have had the desire of trying a third olympic (and also she wans't doing many other big competitions aside from Nationals and Worlds, almost like ssaving the energy). But I'm happy she has made a choice, and just like Joe said, we have to wait for music choices, choreo and new movements, and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Eldredgefan2001
    I never had any doubt that she would "go for it". Michelle has a marketing deal with VISA (has had for quite some time). I think that they would have been pretty ticked off if she hadn't decided to "go for it".

Kathie
    Somehow I think a VISA deal is not why she is choosing to go for another Olympics. She loves the sport and she loves competing ... all the rest is just icing on the cake.

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

I'm glad MK has made it official!

This will definately be an exciting Oly year. Can't wait for the comps to begin in the fall!

DG

Tripping on the Podium
    well considering she is in NY, she could also be on the east coast for choreography/music purposes.
    Glad to hear she made it official. Now she just needs two COP friendly programs and to compete in the GP. and knowing Kwan, we won't know her final decision until September at the earliest

Custom Title

re: GP

Didn't the ISU make the decision for her -- in its letter, telling the federations that their top skaters better do GP or face discipline?

Custom Title
    I doubt it, since they didn't say that athletes must do the Olympics or face discipline. :-)

She hasn't "made it official" that she's doing the GP from anything I've heard so far.

Michelle wants to go to Torino :)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast