Lost | Golden Skate

Lost

Jhar55

Medalist
I know there was a thread while back but couldn't find it.
I liked this show from the start and my take on the show is about that comic book. First time I saw it Walt was reading it his dad threw it in the fire and last night Hurley was reading it on the plane. That would kind of explain the monster polar bear we saw in the begining of the show. So this is my thought, the show is all about Hurley reading the book and there is never really a plane crash. :thumbsup:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Jhar55 said:
I know there was a thread while back but couldn't find it.
I liked this show from the start and my take on the show is about that comic book. First time I saw it Walt was reading it his dad threw it in the fire and last night Hurley was reading it on the plane. That would kind of explain the monster polar bear we saw in the begining of the show. So this is my thought, the show is all about Hurley reading the book and there is never really a plane crash. :thumbsup:
Or..........Hurley really is cursed or "back luck" and he is the force that drives the "force" on the island.........okay, that's a stretch. I really hated the ending, especially with young Walt being kidnapped by sea pirates, (or are they?).....42

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Poor Walt, I felt so bad for him! I knew that when the "others" hadn't shown up when the french lady brought baby Aaron to exchange, because they wanted "the boy", that they were prob that thing in he water looking for him. But I was so glad Charlie and Saieed got the baby back.

I don't even think the island is even supposed to be on earth. Especially, since the "others" were able to get to the boat clear out in the ocean. That whole "world" is probably just like the island is.

I noticed at the end that Charlie had one of the Virgin Mary's that were stuffed with drugs, in his backpack. Charlie don't take 'em! Please plese please. :cry: (I adore Dom Monaghan, if you couldn't tell :) )

And what do Hurley's "Lucky #'s" have to do with the hatch that Jack and John blew open?

I can't wait 'til next season! :)

Jhar55

Medalist
Yeah, what's with thoses numbers anyway? They have shown up several times.
I can't wait till the new season also. I was also hoped Charlie would leave the drugs behind.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

To me, the producers of this show have played us for suckers. They kept on promising that they would tell us something, but they never did. I'm outta here!

MM

Johar

Medalist
They showed you what The Others are--they were the men on the boat.

You got a peek into the Hatch.

You got a glimpse of the monster

Claire got her baby back and she named him Aaron

You saw an abnormally large bird

You saw a puff of smoke that was sinister-looking

guinevere

Final Flight
Personally, I'm still hooked. Yeah, the finale wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, but to be honest, if all the questions were answered, what would be the point of a second season? And the scene where Walt was taken was so incredibly creepy. I have been able to predict most of the "twists" in this show (Locke's paralysis, Kate's dirty past, Sawyer having written the letter he keeps with him as a child, Arzt blowing up), but I didn't anticipate that.

LOST is the one non-reality show that I absolutely schedule around. It's not a perfect show, but its refusal to spoon-feed the audience all the asnwers will keep me coming back for more. It's going to be a long summer!

I watched the finale tonight--it aired both Wed. & Sat. in my area.
I was a bit preoccupied with the kitten I rescued, so I guess I should've put a tape in......
It wasn't as great a finale as I'd hoped it would be.
I didn't catch on that the guys on the boat were "the others". I hated that they took Walt.
The numbers, I don't know WHY they are bad luck, but they are the numbers that Hurley overheard somewhere (I forgot how that flashback went), he played them in the lottery and won, and ever since then he's had a string of bad luck and then the numbers showed up on that whatever-it-is on the island.
What is down the hatch looks pretty scary to me! A ladder broken part way done and a seemingly bottomless pit!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I love that we are left with more questions. questions are the point of this show. I personally dont think that the people in the boat that took walt are the same "others" that russo was mentioning. And I dont think they were passengers on the black rock, I dont think Ethan was in their group either. I think that there are dozens of shipwrecked/plane crashed parties on the island. I think the island brings people there somehow kinda like how locke was describing. Either that or its some sort of purgatory where people are supposed to work out unresolved personal issues before passing on.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I was frustrated by the ending, but intrigued for next season..........I have a horrible feeling that the writers are making this up as they go along and have no idea how it will end........42

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
show 42 said:
I was frustrated by the ending, but intrigued for next season..........I have a horrible feeling that the writers are making this up as they go along and have no idea how it will end........42

Don't worry. In the TV Guide from this week where the producer, Damon Lindelof, puts that fear to rest. They have been working on Season 2 for months. DIRECT QUOTE: "You have to get out ahead of it as much as possible. If you start making it up as you go along, you're in Doomstown". It goes on to say that he brought in fresh writers at the end of April to initiate them to the whole story. They brought the newer writers into the room and said, "It's time you found out what the monster is. And here's what's inside the hatch". And he says the writers have to have good memories for the mythology because he doesn't allow anyone to put it in writing or on a computer for fear of it leaking out.

I'm thrilled that we have a show that works against many people's conditioning for instant gratification. They can string me along for the next few seasons as long as the character development remains interesting. It's the questions that keeps this viewer coming back for more.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Sandee.........thanks for the info........I feel better now that I know there is a focus and a light at the end of the tunnel..........(Hey, I wonder if there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, or should I say "hatch")................ :yes: 42

Bah, humbug. A light at the end of the tunnel indeed! And in the final episode of the 2008 season they will have made it down to, oh, say the fourth rung of the ladder, where they will be able to just barely glimpse a mysterious -- puff of smoke? Aha -- tune in for the 2009 season, where Hurley's comic book makes an enigmatic cameo appearance. Booooooo!

Mathman:p

guinevere

Final Flight
Skate Sandee said:
I'm thrilled that we have a show that works against many people's conditioning for instant gratification. They can string me along for the next few seasons as long as the character development remains interesting. It's the questions that keeps this viewer coming back for more.
Exactly! Thanks for articulating so well what I struggled to say :p

Various cast/writers, etc confirmed on Jimmy Kimmel the night of the finale that the crew who took Walt are The Others that we've heard about.