Idol Winners - Lame Tunes | Golden Skate

Idol Winners - Lame Tunes

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Why do Idol winners end up singing such lame songs? Both songs Bo and Carrie sang were awful. Kalan Porter of Canada has an awful song he has to sing on his first cd as well. Who writes these things?

:rolleye:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I read somewhere on the Internet that the songwriters used are under contract to 19E & managed by Simon Fuller. I, also, read that his brother (or cousin) wrote the script for "To Kelly from Justin" movie that was such a flop.

K-Mo

On the Ice
I've noticed that, too. I think the songs also seem lame by comparison because they have spent the rest of the season covering what are to be considered standards from all the great singers of the past. Then they have to have thier own song, and it always feels like such a let-down. When you think about it, AI winners don't really go on to be big stars. A lot of them actually get contracts, but they aren't in the spotlight at all, so they are easily forgotten. The fast-track to fame things doesn't really work--they just end up being just another reality TV celbrity, which doesn't seem so neat anymore.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
K-Mo said:
I've noticed that, too. I think the songs also seem lame by comparison because they have spent the rest of the season covering what are to be considered standards from all the great singers of the past. Then they have to have thier own song, and it always feels like such a let-down. When you think about it, AI winners don't really go on to be big stars. A lot of them actually get contracts, but they aren't in the spotlight at all, so they are easily forgotten. The fast-track to fame things doesn't really work--they just end up being just another reality TV celbrity, which doesn't seem so neat anymore.

Exactly, Michael Buble started singing right here in little ol' Vancouver and certainly was not even in a talent show. Michael was finally discovered by David Foster while he was performing at a wedding. Now he is world famous and keeps having hit after hit.

I think the AI and CI singers suffer from overexposure by the time the show winds down and everyone is sick of hearing them.

I agree with fast track to fame thing not working. One wonders would these kids even make it the music industry if not for the Idol shows?