Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Rescued A Kitten

I Rescued A Kitten

Friday night I heard the pitiful crying of a kitten in the brambles and bushes across the street from my house (I live in a rural area). Saturday, I sat in the rain armed with cheese, dog food and a bowl of milk until the kitten came out far enough for me to snatch it up. I don't even know yet if it's male or female. I have it settled in a pen, safe from my 15 year old deaf Jack Russell Terrier. It's pretty much just skin and bones but it's fur looks healthy and it's appetite is good. I hope my JRT will remember back to when I used to have 3 cats and she was great pals with one of them. Unfortunately, all my cats met their fate on our road, so I vowed any future cats would be indoors. We haven't had a cat around since 1998.
    Here's a picture...we named the cat Philly after the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team.

Oh, she looks so sweet! Bless you for rescuing this little angel!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Cool! What a great story with a happy ending.

Tripping on the Podium
    I have rescued 2 of my cats from the streets! it is nice to know someone else does too!

Congrats NJSk8Fan!

Philly looks so cute. Bless you for rescuing him/her. Sounds like a great addition to your "family!"

DG

Our household has been a sanctuary to many "rescues" of one type or the other over the 25 years we've been married. We took kittens several times from people who were irresponsible about spaying/nuetering their pets, my husband brought 2 kittens home from the warehouse he worked at. We took in a couple dogs that people "had to give up"...took in 5 rabbits, 2 pregnant, from a family that had them in a town and neighbors complained of the smell....once a kitten ran out of the woods across the street and right up to our front door while I was standing out there and ensconced itself into our family....
    It's been fun.....you can see many of our past a present pets if you visit Our Pets

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Aww, it's adorable!

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    My cat is also a rescue (though the rescue group that I adopted him from gets the credit). Harry is my snugglebunny love. Heres to Philly finding a wonderful home with you!

Amazing web site! Such a wonderful tribute to the animals who were lucky to be loved by you and your family!

Thank you RealtorGal!
    I was always strictly a cat person until the collie, Ladd, came along and then totally enamored with JRT's once Aggie came to live with us....I didn't really want her at first, but boy, did she worm her way into the deepest crevice of my heart fast!
    Philly seems to be becoming a little more relaxed and secure in her/his new home...keeping the little one safe in the pen and just letting him/her absorb the surroundings and get used to things. I need to get some hands on with him/her soon so I'll know if it's a him or a her!

Custom Title
    Thank you for caring enough to stick it out so you could rescue that poor little kitten The photo is adorable.

Bless you from me and my baby (Pushi the cat). Let us know how the doggy and the kitty get along eventually.

Yana

Custom Title
    Let's hear it for people who rescue strays!

Philly is lucky to be with you, Patch! May he/she continue to adjust well!

I used to live in the country, and we always found cats, kittens, dogs, puppies, you name it from people who "dumped" them thinking they could survive on their own. We fed a young cat once that was so hungry, it cried as it ate. We tried to fatten them up, and then called the Humane Society to arrange a pick-up. We tried to keep as many as we could. We always had at least two dogs and four cats at any given time. My hat is off to you, NJ, and all of you who either rescue animals, or take in an animal that has been abandoned. We talk a lot about pure breds, but there's something to say for just a plain loveable "mutt". They often make the best pets and don't seem to be prone to the type of illnesses that pure breed animals often get. We once had two pure bred labs who suffered from seizers..............ah well, that's another story........42

Adorable! Good luck with him/her!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast