Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Article on how Visa is planning to promote Turino (Kwan centered)

Master Procrastinator

Article on how Visa is planning to promote Turino (Kwan centered)

http://www.brandweek.com/brandweek/s..._id=1000938375

Pretty neat for Michelle that Visa is using her! I hope the commercials and print ads don't take too much time away from training, though.

Custom Title
    I understand that a lot of athletes take off the month of May or June, and, only begin their training during June or July. Michelle probably has already filmed a bunch of the ads (or had the photos taken) -- or will do so shortly, so it shouln't interfere with training. Plushy is scheduling his wedding for mid-June, and I think being photographed will take less time and energy (and be less of a distraction) than getting married.

Skating enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    I understand that a lot of athletes take off the month of May or June, and, only begin their training during June or July. Michelle probably has already filmed a bunch of the ads (or had the photos taken) -- or will do so shortly, so it shouln't interfere with training. Plushy is scheduling his wedding for mid-June, and I think being photographed will take less time and energy (and be less of a distraction) than getting married.
    Probably, all Evgeni has to do is get a tuxedo and show up on time.

Doing the Visa ads early will give Michelle income so she can say no to opportunities later that would interfere with training and competing, and so, this is very smart from a fiscal point of view. When she does the GP events, she will also earn prize money. I would assume she and her team have considered all of this, as funding her skating is expensive, and have a finacial plan for the next 8 to 10 months.

The royalties from the ads will help her funding quite a bit, as will successful competing.

It'll help the new family business.

Joe

As I read it, these ads are to hype the Olympics. In every sport, I believe that the top athletes have an obligation to lend their name and image to the promotion of the sport.

Mathman

Down With It
    I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing these ads.

I think this is beginning to shape up to prove my point- this will be a media fest for Kwan. She's the most recognized of the skaters; I can't see why she wouldn't be the favorite here, regardless of how "badly" she's done in the past two years.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Red Dog, I think she will be the "sentimental' favorite for sure. But I don't know about really being favored to win. It all depends on how she does during the season.

I wonder what I have to do to get a Visa card with MK on it since I'm already a Visa cardholder.

TriGirl Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSk8Fan
    Doing the Visa ads early will give Michelle income so she can say no to opportunities later that would interfere with training and competing, and so, this is very smart from a fiscal point of view. When she does the GP events, she will also earn prize money. I would assume she and her team have considered all of this, as funding her skating is expensive, and have a finacial plan for the next 8 to 10 months.

The royalties from the ads will help her funding quite a bit, as will successful competing.
    While I don't believe Michelle is set for life - although, with smart financial planning she may be - I don't think she really has to worry about money these days!

Will I get a discount if I use my Michelle Kwan Visa card to buy my next set of Maxxim tires?

Custom Title

Michelle

Visa couldn't have a better spokesperson. Good for them! She is such a role model, win or lose she can do nothing but help Visa. Michelle should be financially stable for the rest of her ife. She has good people around her to advise her on investments etc. She hasn't spent her money on a mega million dollar house, furs, jewelry etc. I am very glad she is still getting endorsements and that advertisers see her value.

Custom Title
    IIRC, Phil Hersch once mentioned she was set for life -- and that was before SLC, a long COI tour, the Disney gig, and a few other additions. She probably is well set up financially for the rest of her life. She has been earning prize and appearance money (as well as tour money) since she was 13 -- and by California law, a court-approved chunk of that money must go into a trust fund for her benefit.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Will I get a discount if I use my Michelle Kwan Visa card to buy my next set of Maxxim tires?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    Visa couldn't have a better spokesperson. Good for them! She is such a role model, win or lose she can do nothing but help Visa. Michelle should be financially stable for the rest of her ife. She has good people around her to advise her on investments etc. She hasn't spent her money on a mega million dollar house, furs, jewelry etc. I am very glad she is still getting endorsements and that advertisers see her value.

she is a smart girl grabbing everything she can now. there's not alot of money in the sport anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    Don't want to be mean but who the hell is marrying evgeny plushenko??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast