Canadian Idol - Looks Promissing. | Golden Skate

Canadian Idol - Looks Promissing.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I watched the first Canadian Idol show tonight and it was not bad. In fact, dare I say at this early stage it is better than American Idol was this season. The talent pool looks pretty deep and we even have our answer to Bo and Constatine only it's a female rocker. She sings with a group called "King Size Suzy."

Seventeen singers made the cut from BC - that is pretty good. I think I will keep watching.

:thumbsup:

mike79

On the Ice
I would say that CI will once again blow AI out of the water. CI2 was easily the best Idol show ever, and the talent pool looks alright this year as well. That Suzy girl was awesome, as were a few others.

There was a girl on tonight's show from Quebec who was spectacular. I think her name was Emily and she sang the song Don't Cry Out Loud, better than Diana DeGarmo sang it on AI3.

It seems like they're definitely pushing for a girl to win this year. Most of the guys aren't very good at all. There's one thing that irks me: Some guy from the crap band The Moffats tried out and made it to Toronto. I'm sorry but he already has a built in audience that will take away from others. Plus, he's from The Moffats. They were HORRIBLE! Canada's answer to Hanson.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
mike79 said:
I would say that CI will once again blow AI out of the water. CI2 was easily the best Idol show ever, and the talent pool looks alright this year as well. That Suzy girl was awesome, as were a few others.

There was a girl on tonight's show from Quebec who was spectacular. I think her name was Emily and she sang the song Don't Cry Out Loud, better than Diana DeGarmo sang it on AI3.

It seems like they're definitely pushing for a girl to win this year. Most of the guys aren't very good at all. There's one thing that irks me: Some guy from the crap band The Moffats tried out and made it to Toronto. I'm sorry but he already has a built in audience that will take away from others. Plus, he's from The Moffats. They were HORRIBLE! Canada's answer to Hanson.

Thanks for the update as I had to miss tonights show. There is a lot of talent this year by the looks of it. Should be good. Maybe the fellow from the Moffats won't last long - let's hope. Although, that was my wish for Scott on AI and look how long he hung in there!!!!

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I liked some of the singers tonight. I thought they kind of rushed through a few. Anyway, the line up looks good.