Quote of the Day - June | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Quote of the Day - June

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 21st

Hope is the thing with feathers -- that perches in the soul -- and sings the tune without words -- and never stops, at all.
-- Emily Dickinson

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 22nd

My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives.
-- Rita Rudner

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 23rd

The whole secret of life is to be interested in one thing profoundly and in a thousand things well.
-- Horace Walpole

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 24th

We aren’t house-proud. If we were, we wouldn’t abide the scratches on the door frame, the holes in the screen, the darkened shine on worn spots on the chair. We would wince at the mottled carpet and fret at the hair clinging to our clothes. We don’t. If anything, we lovers of dogs are a tolerant lot, finding greater value in the unabashed affection of our friend than immaculate sofas. Shoes can be replaced, but heroic retrievers are timeless. They wake us, greet us, protect us, and ultimately carve a place in our hearts.
- Paul Fersen

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~ unknown

Today is Take Your Dog To Work Day. To find out more, click here.

4dk - who, in a former life, worked for a company who didn't let us celebrate this day but the security guards would let us sneak in our fur foots on Saturdays or if we were called in late at night. When it came time to celebrate 'Bring Your Children To Work Day", I always took a personal day. Love me - love my dog(s)

Last edited:

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 25th

Oh, come on. If you can't laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at?
-- Dan Fielding

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 26th

Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.
-- Kahlil Gibran

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 27th

There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them."
— Andre Gide

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 28th

Aristotle was once asked what those who tell lies gain by it. Said he, "That when they speak truth they are not believed."
-- Laertius Diogenes

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 29th

Alice laughed. 'There's no use trying,' she said. 'One can't believe impossible things.' 'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. 'When I was your age, I always did it half an hour a day. Why, sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.'"
-- Lewis Carroll

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 30th

We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason if we ... remember that we are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes which were, for the moment, unpopular.
-- Edward R Murrow

4dk