Plushenko profile article | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plushenko profile article

Ximena

Final Flight
Thank you soo soo much for the translation! I adore Plush but I just could not bring myself to read that whole thing with the online translator. Thanks!! :rock:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptichka
... Rare Smile
"If I smiled all the time, I'd look like an idiot."

Well, I can honestly say that I look like an idiot then because a smile is never far from my lips.
Actually I remember this quote, he said in a press conference to a lady that asked him why he was always so serious and he answer that but then he said "But if you want, I can smile for you" and he did and did not stop until the reporter blushed! :laugh:

I love all his quotes, I like that he is really centered (is that the word?) and so grown up about everything.

Thanks again, you made my day!

Ximena

Vitacus

Rinkside
Thanks Joesitz for defending him, of sort. :rock:

Ximena said:
Actually I remember this quote, he said in a press conference to a lady that asked him why he was always so serious and he answer that but then he said "But if you want, I can smile for you" and he did and did not stop until the reporter blushed! :laugh:

:laugh: I'm sure she wanted the earth to swallow her and probably regretted the stupid question, because he strikes me as someone who would never refuse a challange, even if it is a "the one who blushes first loses" smiling contest. :laugh:

Wonder if he pulled the "stare down" contest on anyone else for asking stupid questions?

brad640

On the Ice
Thank you so much Ptichka! I loved reading your translation, especially the detailed accounts of all Plushenko's major competitions.
As to his eligible career, Evgeny plans to take part in the next two Olympics. “Of course it’s craze to skate ‘till 2010. But I think it’s possible. I’d like to do it, since I don’t want to stop growing, and want to keep skating at 30”.
I would love it if Plushenko remained eligible after the Olympics next year. I could see him qualifying for the Olympics in 2010.
I’d like to try out in movies… I’d love to play the hero in a movie. That’s my dream.
Do all skaters dream of acting?
I want to teach kids to skate
I can just imagine Plushenko and Yagudin continuing their rivalry as coaches.