Hell's Kitchen | Golden Skate

Hell's Kitchen

Jill

On the Ice
Has anyone caught the new reality show, "Hell's Kitchen"? It stars a world famous chef from the UK, Gordon Ramsay, and is he wicked!

It started with about a dozen Wolfgang Puck wanna-bes, doing the impossible. Ramsay berates and swears at them and even shoves their food into their chest if he doesn't find it suitable. He even swears at the customers at the restaurant!

The winner gets their very own restaurant-big prize.

Johar

Medalist
I stupidly missed the first episode even though I had planned all week on seeing it. Be sure to remind me next week so I won't miss.

Will this episode repeat?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I believe the first episode is being repeated Monday at 8 p.m. on FOX followed by a new episode at 9 p.m.

I caught a few scenes of the first show, looked interesting.

sk8m8

Final Flight
...yet another reality show that belittles people to get ratings....why is it that the public loves (pardon the pun) "faming a**holes ? It like Simon Calwell on anabolic steroids. :banging:

Think I need to go see what the summer reading is and see if Fox holds to its word that the long spate of reality shows is coming to an end...we'll see :sheesh:

diver chick

On the Ice
I hate that program so much!!! There is absolutely no reason for such repetitive foul language and abusive behaviour anywhere. There are enough words in the English language to adequately convey a feeling of disgust without resorting to swear words and besides when you use a word so much it loses much of it's impact.

I absolutely *hate* reality television - although on the odd occasion I have a good laugh at the expense of these people making utter idiots of themselves a la the first round of Pop Idol Auditions.

Johar

Medalist
Like it or not, alot of bosses are very abusive to their workers. It's an ego trip they love. Hell, I once had a male supervisor grab me and shove my back in a wall. I told my parents and they told me I must've deserved it or done something to make him mad. :frown2:

I guarantee you bosses like this really do exist.

diver chick

On the Ice
I agree, I have worked with one of the worlds top chefs and he is no better than Gordan Ramsey, other than the fact that he *never* abuses customers. Unfortunately by putting this drivel on our televisions as entertainment downplays the fact that there is such abuse in the work place and makes it much harder to deal with or prevent.

The only reality television programme I enjoyed was Jamie's School Dinners but it shocked me nonetheless that it took a reality television program to bring to light what is a growing social problem in the UK.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Johar said:
Like it or not, alot of bosses are very abusive to their workers. It's an ego trip they love. Hell, I once had a male supervisor grab me and shove my back in a wall. I told my parents and they told me I must've deserved it or done something to make him mad. :frown2:

I guarantee you bosses like this really do exist.

I believe you, and they should be fired. When ANY manager resorts to language like that they should be reprimanded and put on notice. And, they TOUCH you as you have mentioned above...there is NO EXCUSE. I had to quit such a place that I worked in as a waiter because of the abusive kitchen staff. They encouraged the line cooks to abuse all the waiters.

Long story made short....3 weeks later, the owner slams one of the servers into a wall. He is arrested for assalt and battery, has to pay the server a LOT of money to keep him out of court and had to sell the business to cover the losses.

The point is that no boss should EVER touch you inappropriately. When that touch is meant in a menacing or intimidating way it's against the law and should never be allowed to stand. I also agree with you, the more violence we "accept" as normal ennures us to further violence. Sad sad sad :scratch:

Johar

Medalist
He slammed a server into the wall?! Dang! What did the server done "wrong," in his opinion?

Was the server male or female?

CDMM1991

Medalist
Yes I did watch tonight. I thiink Michael made a very smart move by not helping out anybody else and concentrating fully on making his deserts fantastic ... it worked.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I haven't watched it & don't intend to watch. I can't stand rude, vulgar types who shout, rant, rage & belittle others.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Couldn't they have used a pasta rack during the actual competition? I realize they were trying to go for some form of comic relief, but really, I do not want to think that "fine restaurants" are drying their pasta out by dangling it on top of someone's head and on chef's smocks of questionable cleanliness....

Johar

Medalist
I watched it on Tuesday 2/12, where they had to open the walk-in cooler using a combination lock. Why did that sous chef bawl the guy out for using tape?

The blonde girl couldn't find her filets, then she and Ramsay got into it. But it really wasn't her fault they were missing, imo.