Thread: Thank Goodness For Golden Skate

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Thank Goodness For Golden Skate

I can't believe how long I have been associated with Golden Skate. I originally intended to check it out, read some of the articles and leave. However, after signing up I ended up becoming a regular contributor.

Many's the time I come here to express my thoughts, read others thoughts and keep up with the latest news in the figure skating world. It's kind of like having pen pals. Rather unique.

I can only say "thanks guys and gals." It's great to keep in touch with fellow figure skating fans and share information. I guess it's kind of become a little hobby for me. Although my figure skating days have long since passed, I still enjoy the sport and keeping up with all the information here at Golden Skate.

Thanks Paula for doing such a great job and to the moderators who keep us in line. Keep up the good work.

Lad-
    I don't recall when I first came here to GS, I just remember it was before Paula got this site going. How long ago was that? Anyway I enjoy comming here and reading and discussing all about figure skating.

Thanks Paula for a great figure skating site

On the Ice
    As you can see, I am a new poster to GS and so far have enjoyed the give and take on the threads. The way the board is divided is great, and so are the news articles posted.

Totally agree Lad. I think we were both over at the about.com site with Paula. I know it was before the SLC Oly's so it has to be at least four years ago......42

I have a similar story. Though I'm new on GS with this account, I was a member since about december with another account that I forgot the password to. haha I wrote it down this time. Anyways I started because my friend told me she found divisionals results because I was really anxious to see how my friend did. And then, I got hooked! I love GS

average opinionated skate fan
    A GREAT BIG BEAR HUG TO PAULA FOR GOLDENSKATE (^^)_. ^ . _(^^)

" A day without Goldenskate is like a day without ice"

I, too, am so grateful for Paula. THANK YOU

I have no idea when I joined. I know it was when it was with about.com. The first comment I made about remembering when Sonja H. won her second gold medal and Rgirl was the first one who answered me. Little did I know how we would be reading novels when she wrote.

I am very glad I found this site, too. All the more so, considering all the problems ezboard has had over the last few days (with the hack attack ). Most of the posters seem respectful of others here (It's OK to disagree, as long as it's done politely).

Thanks, Paula!

Custom Title
    I have also enjoyed GS since it was at about.com. I don't post much, but enjoy those that do.

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    Add me to the list of grateful participants as well.

It's fun and I have learned a few things as well.

I guess I am proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Custom Title
    I just wanted to say thanks to Paula and mods like Joe and MM who make this a great place to come and learn and feel free to express youself. I don't post often but I have in recent days and hope to continue. I am not computer savvy by any means but I am learning. Thanks Goldenskate and members

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I started after the 02 Olympics and try to post daily. What I like about this board is the "mature" discussions we have here. I've learned a lot about skating here too.

Dee

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Not only thanks to Paula, but thanks to all of my fellow GSers. Who else wants to talk about a sport that most people don't even believe is a sport? Besides, you all are such a comfort when things go wrong and share the joy when things go well. (I'm looking forward to my son and his unit of Reservists returning to the US in less than a week. What a relief that will be!)

Custom Title
    I agree with everyone - Thanks Paula and All You Guys!!!