Ladies Wearing Pants | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Wearing Pants

heyang

Record Breaker
Katerina wore tights with a long top over it for her Robin Hood program. The top was long enough to cover her gluteus maximus and I think she belted it - so it appeared to have a waistline like a dress.

The rule essentially requires that the but be covered in a manner that does not display the precise form when standing still.

Fumie's pants are very different from the unitards that were the objection. They cover her legs, but don't hug her butt.

soogar

Record Breaker
diver chick said:
Didn't Kati Witt wear pants for her Robin Hood SP in 1994? I did love that costume and I do seem to remember a comment made by Katerina regarding how stupid it would be to wear a skirt seeing as Robin Hood most definitely did not prance about the forest in a skirt!

Katarina also wore pants in a early 80's SP (I think it was '83) when she was skating to some Mozart music (she even had the ruffled collar and knickers get up). Kat definitely wore a lot of pants in her eligible and professional days).

Pants should hug the butt because you have to see the skater's bodyline.

Vash01

Medalist
BittyBug said:
They changed the rules to prohibit pants after Debi's (in)famous unitard. I believe the rule change was in direct response to her costume, in fact.

I remember Natalia Mishkutionok wearing pants(or were they colored tights?) in 92 and 94 Oly LP's. Also Sara Abitbol wore something similar in one of A&B's program. That was after Debi Thomas.

I liked pants on Irina and Fumie but they may not look good on everyone.

Vash01

Medalist
diver chick said:
Didn't Kati Witt wear pants for her Robin Hood SP in 1994? I did love that costume and I do seem to remember a comment made by Katerina regarding how stupid it would be to wear a skirt seeing as Robin Hood most definitely did not prance about the forest in a skirt!

Yes, Katarina Witt wore pants for the Robin Hood program. I did not care much for the outfit, but it was probably OK for that program. She skated to the music from the movie but I don't see why she has to be the character in the movie.

Dyan

On the Ice
IIRC Katarina and Natalia M (I will not ruin her last name) did wear pants but technically they didn't break the rules since they also had a long shirt/skirt that covered their rear ends.

ITA with Vash and CDMM1991 that pants may not look good on every lady and it depends on what theme/music is chosen.

Linny

Final Flight
recognize them

Would we even be able to recognize MB or SA if they were wearing pants? Oh, you mean we could look at their FACE?
Linny