Woo-Hoo! GS Reaches 950 Members! | Golden Skate

Woo-Hoo! GS Reaches 950 Members!

R

rgirl181

Woo-Hoo! GS Reaches 950 Members!

950 GS members as of today! Wah-hoo! Only 50 more and we hit 1000! So Paula, who was the 950th member? Can we have a prize for the 1000th member? A special GS commemorative wallpaper by Fetal? A week as guest moderator? A free subscription to the GS Newsletter? Oh wait, the GS Newsletter is free. Well, maybe others can think of something. Welcome member 950, whoever you are!:D
Rgirl

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: Woo-Hoo! GS Reaches 950 Members!

Way to go! :D

S

Show 42

Congrats Golden Skate.....we should have some sort of celebration when we hit 1,000.......42

P

Piel

A party at Rgals...she has the great weather.

Piel

B

Bleuchick

Oh Piel - how are you.:)

B

Bleuchick

and congrat to a forum that grew.

R

RED DOG45

That 950th member would be me...:)

(Yeah, I know you are thinking, Yeah right, Red Dog, but it's true :) )

Let's have a 1000-member party when we get there!

J

Joesitz

They said it couldn't be done, couldn't be done.

<span style="color:red;font-family:But it was!! od Will be!!!;font-size:medium;">But it was!! or will be!!!</span> Joe

D

dlksk8fan

Just think if all 950 members posted at the same time or entered the chat room at the same time:eek:

I second the party at rgals. Any reason to get down to San Diego, CA.

R

rgirl181

And we can rent D-Land for the night--all to ourselves, of course--AND do a tour of all the skating rinks in SoCal where top skaters practice. I'm sure a number of GSers know the hot rinks. Maybe we could get Michelle to host a GS skating party:D Actually, forget D-Land, let's just do the rinks and tour skaters' SoCal homes:cool:
Rgirl

PS Congratulations, Red Dog! But you've been around a while? Ah, I see from you profile you were an ezboard global user. So did you become a GS member just recently? What made you decide to make the commitment, tie the knot, take the plunge?:lol:

D

Dee4707

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Ah, I see from you profile you were an ezboard global user. So did you become a GS member just recently? What made you decide to make the commitment, tie the knot, take the plunge?[/quote]
Pardon my ignorance, what is the difference?

Dee

P

Piel

Chick,

Feeling much better, thanks for asking.

If we can't party at Rgal's do you think that Mathman could get us in at Michelle's place? Rgirl, be nice and remember to mention the exquisitely held fingers...that should do it!

Piel

R

rgirl181

Re: Global vs Local

Hi Dee,
On Ezboard, you can be a "global" member, which means you have access to any Ezboard forum. You can also be a "local" member; that is, you can sign up to be a member of a specific forum, such as GS, MKF, Kulik's Krew, etc. You can be one or the other or both. And it's not an ignorant question. The set-up is rather confusing.
Rgirl:)

R

rgirl181

Piel,
:rollin: You know me too well! You know I'd go in there and if that picture with Michelle doing her spiral was up I'd say something obnoxious like, "Eww! Why does she have her fingers splayed out like a frog?! When Nicole Bobek does her spiral, her fingers are much nicer.":evil:

No, I'd be nice. I wouldn't mention a thing about how the music for Michelle's new SP has been used before by Oksana Baiul for "Arabian" and Grishuk and Platov:cool: BTW, I finally got my RealPlayer working and got to see the downloaded version of Michelle doing her "The Feeling Begins" SP in Hong Kong.

And what did I think?

Well... BTW, I finally got my RealPlayer working and got to see the downloaded version of Michelle doing her "The Feeling Begins" SP in Hong Kong. ;)

Seriously, I'd have to see it on TV to make a proper assessment. Besides, I would think she/the choreographer have refined it since then:)
Rgirl

T

tharrtell

I vote for skipping D-land - definitely not the happiest place on earth - part of the evil empire :evil:

F

FetalAttraction

I have to claim credit for some of the membership. So far, I've had at least two people make their very first posts objecting to my fun-poking at Nancy "WHY WHY WHY YOU CALL ME A HORSE-FACE" Kerrigan. At the very least, I'm a magnet for Nancy Kerrigan fans for the board.

R

RED DOG45

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>PS Congratulations, Red Dog! But you've been around a while? Ah, I see from you profile you were an ezboard global user. So did you become a GS member just recently? What made you decide to make the commitment, tie the knot, take the plunge?[/quote]

I haven't been around all THAT long...just after the 2002 olympics, then I lurked around skating boards and finally got registered under the name Red Dog in July. However I only discovered the Golden Skate forum later on, so I've been lurking/posting at MKF (and a couple other skater-specific boards) long before I even KNEW there was a Golden Skate forum...but since I found this forum, I've been visiting/posting here the most because it's more of a general skating forum and less biased (than SS boards). I really have no idea on what got me started into all of this though, lol.

This is the only forum so far where I've actually gotten into a heated discussion with other posters, and have chatted and even gotten to know a few members a little more...very active and social forum, and I like that.

G

GSK8

I'm glad to see the forum has piqued others enough to register. I would have to say a percentage of the "members" are probably duplicate due to login problems and I don't know how to clean it out as I don't "see" info". But it's nice anyway :)

R

rgirl181

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I would have to say a percentage of the "members" are probably duplicate due to login problems and I don't know how to clean it out as I don't "see" info". But it's nice anyway :)[/quote] Paula,
I guess you didn't know that Fetal and I have been cloning GSers to increase membership:p That way Rgirl can argue with Rgirl can argue with Rgirl....:smokin:
Rgirl

G

Grgranny

How about cloning me and adding a brain?