Armchair Commentators' schedule for 1/1/2003 | Golden Skate

Armchair Commentators' schedule for 1/1/2003

F

FetalAttraction

Armchair Commentators' schedule for 1/1/2003

The chat will be on from 4 pm to 6:30 pm eastern time.

For those of you in the central time zone, that makes it 3 pm to 5:30 pm.

For those of you in the mountain time zone, that makes it 2 pm to 4:30 pm.

For those of you in the pacific/west coast time zone, that makes it 1 pm to 3:30 pm.

The show, Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular, will be on NBC from 4 pm to 6 pm eastern time. The show will include, in order of what I deem to be this forum's preference: Yuka Sato, Boitano himself, Kristi Yamaguchi, Steven Cousins, and some others. Check your local listings to be sure of the time. I checked the listing in my NJ area and in some dinky place in California, so far so syncronized. The extra 30 minutes in the chat time is for additional dishing and ranting.

R

RED DOG45

Re: Chat schedule for Monday, 12/30/2002

Oh great! Now we have a chat schedule...

I won't be able to make it until about 8:45 pm central time but I'll try to be there.

G

Grgranny

I just tried to go on the chat line to Red Dog but all I could see that happened was a black space. So, how does it work?
Is there a site to explain it?

R

RED DOG45

Just click on live chat and it automatically connects you to the chat room.

I was on earlier but I signed off...sometimes the chat room still says someone's on even if they might have logged off some time ago. If someone doesn't welcome you in or you don't see action ask if anyone's there. They should respond if they are in.

Hope this was helpful.

S

sk8cynic

I'll try and make it.....depends if I have access to a 'puter while I'm out of town!! :p

This is a great idea.......looking forward to meeting everyone!! :D

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:purple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">A few of us were on earlier this evening and we had an awesome time!</span> :D

S

sk8cynic

Ditto, Rgal!!! :D :lol: :D :lol:

S

Show 42

Sounds like fun.......I'll try to make it too...........42

G

Grgranny

Isn't that the time ESPN has some skating on?

F

FetalAttraction

It's apparently the repeat of Cup of Russia's short programs. According to Heather's schedule, it'll be on from 9:30 to midnight. A little checking reveals that it's actually from 10:30 to midnight, eastern time (don't make me convert them into all other time zones again). Thanks for the note, GrGranny, I'll alter the chat schedule accordingly.

L

Lcp88

re:Chat schedule for Monday, 12/30/2002

Since I don't know what the heck is wrong with my chat thing (it keeps saying I can't connect), I'll probably have to re-register and use this name for posting and a new name for chating. I'll try and be there tonight, and I hoping my ''chating'' name will be like Lcp880 or something similar.
Laura

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: re:Chat schedule for Monday, 12/30/2002

I might get on for a little while. Thanks for the reminder. :)

J

jharland

re:chat

Ok one more time how do you get to the chat room?
Is it a special option that not everyone has? I've looked everywhere for it and can't seem to find it.

G

Grgranny

Re: re:chat

Click on Golden Skate, like the one at the top right of this page. Then when you get the list of forums, up at the left corner, under Golden Skate, it says chat live. Click on that and I found if I check on the top one that says text works better (after you get the chat page). Hope to see you there.

S

sk8tngcanuck

HI Jharland....

One thing you must first do is to make sure you are logged on to forum first. I never used to log on to forum when I came in and unless you log in, you will not be able to use chat

J

jskatingfan

I just got a message that I have to download something called Microsoft Virtual Machine, and that is going to take 42 minutes. I may or may not come back when that is done.

J

jskatingfan

Then I have to insert a Windows update CD-Rom which I don't have.

S

sk8m8

Re: re:windows fix

jskatingfan, the problem you are having is that Microsoft has found a security glitch in its operating systems. Everyone needs to download the new "Virtual Machine" that operates a PC. The reason you are getting this messages is that the Operating systems are extremely vunerable to "hacks" when they are connected to things like chat. My suggestion is to go to the windows update ( there should be a tab for that at the top of the "start" menu and just let it do it overnight.
GOod luck and good chatting, sk8m8

J

Joesitz

Re: re:windows fix

As for the New Years bash, I just might slobber in at 12:50 am from the east coast. - Joe