NBC Dateline's "Pet Nation" | Golden Skate

NBC Dateline's "Pet Nation"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So far it's been really cute, yet disturbing... LOL

but I love this segment! Anyone else watch/ing it?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I watched it. A lot of it was pretty hilarious! I love dogs, but some of that was so over the top! Cashmere sweaters? Evian water? I couldn't help but wish I was one of these celebrity dogs - talk about "a dog's life"! :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I got to see the part with Bush and Barney earlier in the week., so I wasn't too bummed that I had to go to church.. did they show the clip with Bush trying to get Barney to golf with him and then play with the soccer ball and Barney was too busy being lazy? That cracked me up.

katherine2001

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
I got to see the part with Bush and Barney earlier in the week., so I wasn't too bummed that I had to go to church.. did they show the clip with Bush trying to get Barney to golf with him and then play with the soccer ball and Barney was too busy being lazy? That cracked me up.

It just boggles my mind when I see some of the pet catalogs and see the clothing available for dogs and cats. I've even seen pajamas for dogs. If I was a dog and someone tried to put clothing on me, I think I would bite them. I am curious about those catalogs where they have Halloween costumes for cats. Do they have to sedate them to get the costumes on them? No cat I've had (and I've had 5 of them) would have ever let me put a costume on them without leaving claw and bite marks all over me.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they had cats on Pet Nation in costumes...

depending on when you start your pet just figures it's normal lol
I dressed Yuka (my pug) up for Halloween, she was a skunk... she hated the hat but didn't care about the rest of it :)

Did anyone see the episode of "South Park" where Paris Hilton comes to town? I forget why she's there--actually, I forget why she's anywhere most of the time--but there's a scene where she gets absolutely furious because she got the wrong kind of bottle water or something like that. So she's throwing a fit in the back of her while limo--Tinkerbell is of course with her--and while she's screaming and yelling, the dog slowly climbs over into the front seat, takes the gun out of the driver's holster with its mouth, carries it into the back seat, sticks the gun in its mouth, and blows its brains out.

This makes Paris even more PO'd, screaming, "WHY DO ALL MY PETS KILL THEMSELVES!!???" Later on after she finds a new "pet" (don't want to give it away) the new pet finds a scrapbook called "My Pets" that shows all her dogs and cats in various states of suicide--self-inflicted gunshots, hanging, hari-kari, drowing, you get the idea.

I know, not everybody's taste, but I thought it was dang funny. And sadly true knowing how some of the pets I've seen have been treated--not by us, at least I don't think. Although maybe that goldfish we found floating in the goldfish bowl didn't die from natural causes. OMG! WAS I REALLY THAT CRUEL TO POOR GILLIGAN! THE GOLDFISH?!

Rgirl

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I don't understand why everyone just laughed when I had my poodle do his trick. I would just say "wag your tail, Buster, wag your tail" and it just went crazy.
:biggrin: