Mr. & Mrs. Smith - anyone see it? | Golden Skate

Mr. & Mrs. Smith - anyone see it?

mpal2

Final Flight
Go see it! I loved it. Watching two sexy people try to kill each other is surprisingly funny. ;)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Somehow, the story line does not appeal to me. Maybe, I will check it out on Video.

Skatehappy

Rinkside
All the hype has turned me away from seeing Summer movies. I am all BradPittAngelinaJolieKatieHolmesTomCruised-out.

curious

Final Flight
yes,they have to create fake romances between the co stars to sell the pic. It didn't work for Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck or Meg Ryan and Russell Crowe lol! Does anyone actually believe these people are really inlove? pretty pathetic :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I haven't bought into anything this summer about these new relationships. Especially the Bragelina pairing, but that's just me.

I ended up going to the movie last night. Went with two of my friends and we had a blast! IT WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! Not only are the battle scenes well done, the chemestry is there with the actors and so the rest of their relationship is believeable. It's a balanced film. I really enjoyed it.

I was not a big fan of Brad Pitt until this film. I thought he was a decent actor but I never bought into the "ooo I love Brad he's so hot" stuff. Then I rented Ocean's 11 and I was all "hmmmm I might need to see more of his films" and yeah well thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Smith I'm a fan ha ha!
Angelina was great in this film, and who knows maybe I'll start liking her too, but I dunno....

"Who's your daddy now?" :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
Toni,

Did you catch the "Fight Club" reference? :laugh:
no, I've never seen Fight Club so I wouldn't have a clue...

I love the tongue in cheek type approach to a lot of this movie... :rock:

K-Mo

On the Ice
I saw it. I was pleasantly surprised becuase it was a fun movie. Brad and Angelina injected a lot of humor into thier roles. There were obviously a lot of shoot-'em-up scenes, which my husband enjoyed. Anyway, it was an enjoyable popcorn movie.

mpal2

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
no, I've never seen Fight Club so I wouldn't have a clue...

I love the tongue in cheek type approach to a lot of this movie... :rock:

Semi-Spoiler here....

The guy that was used as bait was wearing a fight club t-shirt . I noticed it when they were interrogating him in the hotel room.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh wow... that's cool... if I go see it again I will have to remember to look for it ;)

I had to go rent some Brad Pitt films last night, but thanks to his movie coming out I was only able to snatch up Ocean's 12 everything else was rented :(

sk8m8

Final Flight
K-Mo said:
I saw it. I was pleasantly surprised becuase it was a fun movie. Brad and Angelina injected a lot of humor into thier roles. There were obviously a lot of shoot-'em-up scenes, which my husband enjoyed. Anyway, it was an enjoyable popcorn movie.

Great Summery, K-mo, IMO this is the date movie for the summer, the violence is not the blood and guts kind, it's the action movie fare with lots of bullets flying improbably all over the place. I think it's generally known that the two play assasigns, I don't think it's a spoiler to say the "hits" in the film are done with impact without too much gore and yuck. So I think the ladies won't be turned off too much, plus they get to look at Brad Pitt. And, the guys get to look at Angelina Jolie kick a** and take names. This is not lifestyle specific, anyone can go with anyone and have someone to ogle! :love:

The dialouge sizzles and is some of the best you'll hear in a "commercial comedy/action film." The scenes between Pitt and Jolie are a lot like those old Cary/Doris, Heburn/Tracy, Grant/any leading lady witty reparte` movies on the classic movie channels. I think real "movie fanatics" will really like this movies and will go down as one of the better movies of it's genre in this decade.

In other words, go see it. I actually felt like I got MORE than my money's worth (we'll maybe not THAT great) but I certainly didn't feel like I got cheated out of my money like so many movies in this day of Computer Genrated Graphics.

Last edited:

mpal2

Final Flight
I must say that I did appreciate the fact that when Jolie was running around with less clothing than normal, Brad was too. Finally some equal underwear time for the ladies in the audience. :clap:

Antilles

Medalist
I finally saw this, and I agree with all of the good reviews. The chemistry was believable, and the film was quite funny. I loved watching them beat the crap out of each other.

Buzzz

Final Flight
Saw it and hated it. I am soooo NOT a fan of the lovable killer genre. Just cannot figure out what the story is behind this one. Out of a possible 10, I would give it a 2. :cool: