A New Laundry Question | Golden Skate

A New Laundry Question

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
It was muddy in Franklin KY for the dog show last weekend, so we've got plenty of muddy clothes. The dirt in that part of the world is very "red" leaving stains that look like rust stains. I've heard from others who were on that trip that they are having trouble getting the "red" out. (would visine help LOL??:)) Before I start trying, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips...

Thanks,

DG

sk8m8

Final Flight
Hey DG, A laundry question that I can answer simply. I live in N. GA the HOME of red clay, it's everywhere. The problem is that that mud you are talking about is made out of clay..much denser than normal dirt. Try this, soak the jeans overnight in a bucket with a mild solution of Simple Green (or any other cleaner that has an enzyme breaking down componant. Dollar stores sell cheaper versions). If all else fails use old fashioned lye soap and make yourself a paste.

Voila, never known one of these solutions to fail and found them both on a website as backup info. Mom was so smart!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks for the tip! I've never heard of Simple Green. Is anyone familiar with similar products and other brand names I might recognize? I'm holding off on trying to wash this stuff so I don't set the stains until I find the right product. I will look in the store for Simple Green today and see if I can find it.

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link!

It says they well it through Walmart. I'm going to look for some tomorrow.

DG