Lake Placid Dance Championships | Golden Skate

Lake Placid Dance Championships

Linny

Final Flight
Anyone ever attend an event like this? What's it like and how does it compare to other events? Trying to decide if I want to make the drive in August...
Linny

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I've never been to this comp. in Lake Placid, but friends who have all say they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. It's a great opportunity to see the debut of new programs and lots of up and coming talent. This is also a summer monitoring competition where international assignments will be given out based on the skaters' performances.

Lithuania's Margarita Drobiazko/Povilas Vanagas are planning to start their comeback here, according to ice-dance.com's "unofficial official" roster at:
http://www.xsorbit6.com/users/icedance/index.cgi?board=lpidc05&action=display&num=1116356369

Liberty (July 12-16 in Aston, PA near Philly) is another major summer club competition worth attending (free admission in the past!) which has an impressive senior men's roster -- Ryan Jahnke, Derrick Delmore, Jordan Brauninger, Shaun Rogers, Scott Smith, Parker Pennington, Rohene Ward and Jeremy Abbott are just some of the skaters I've heard so far!

Linny

Final Flight
Aston

Ohmygawd, I'm very close to Aston! Is there a site for schedule and other spectators information?

Linny