Got My Driver's License | Golden Skate

Got My Driver's License

kappa_1

On the Ice
Congrats Toni!

Congrats!

I got mine this past Monday. I took the test last month and passed everything except the written exam (and very few people fail the written down here). Technically I did much better on the super-stressful SATs than I did on that crappy multiple choice excuse for a test (I shoulda studied it properly). Oh well I retook the test and passed. Have fun driving, I know I'll try to!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
Do you feel free? :clap:
not really because I hate driving... but at the same time I'm getting the hang of it so it's more fun than it was when I started... :p

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
It gets a bit easier with time and I know you will eventually be just fine. :clap:

BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good for you, Toni.........now you can go car window shopping..... ;) 42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Congratulatons!!! I used to love driving, but after about 33 years of it, I have to admit the romance is over...although I am enjoying buzzing around in my brand new Honda Civic!!!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni, it's about time! Congrats. :clap:

My daughter didn't get hers until she was twenty and my son only got his last year at twenty-three because the army told him to get one. The sarge had a group of five or six guys and gals to teach drivers ed to......he asked, why they didn't have one. Most of them just looked at each other and shrugged and said, we live in Lakewood. (in Lakewood, all the kids walk to school from K to 12. And many people don't even have cars because it is an inner-ring suburb -- a so-called trolley town a hundred years ago. And many people just take the buses and the train because it is easier and cheaper than paying the parking fees in downtown Cleveland.) Besides, when he wasn't in Lakewood where he could walk or take a bus or get a ride with friends, he was in Columbus going to college where he could walk or ride buses or get rides from friends. Wonder if he'll decide to get a car now that he's almost back home.....Mom is celebrating the fact that he and his reserve unit are back at Ft. Bragg and should be back in Cleveland tomorrow or the next day or two. Can't wait! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Buzzz

Final Flight
CONGRATS!

I am on my 2nd G2 license and I am terrified of taking that final step. :(

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Congrats to all of you!

What's a G2 license?

I have always told my daughter not to expect to get a license until she is 18. I think it's ridiculous for a 16 year old person to be on the road.

I got mine at 18. I lived in Brookline, Mass. and everything was trolley and subway accessible. Also, a co-worker of my mother's had recently been killed by a drunk driver, and I was, frankly, too scared to drive.

My Dad once advised me to drive as though no one else on the road knows what he/she is doing--DRIVE DEFENSIVELY. (Ironically, my Dad is one of the WORST drivers ever!)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Good for you, Toni.........now you can go car window shopping..... ;) 42
I already have my car picked out... I just haven't been able to talk dad into getting it for me... ;)

I want a Ford Escape, and the reason I want it is soooooooooooo stupid :laugh: ok well the first part of it isn't... I don't want a "tall" ride like my dad's truck, I don't feel I can see the road right, and I don't want a small car because I feel very under protected(that and I can't see over snow berms)... so I want something right in the middle. My aunt's Saturn is awesome and just the right size... but I want a Ford Escape, it has to be blue, and I will either want yellow trim or I will get yellow decals and the license plate will be customised to say "Dory"

because in Finding Nemo Ellen Degeneres' character Dory can read and while they're being chased in a sunken submarine her character finds an escape hatch but instead of reading escape correctly she says "Es-cop-eh" (ok so yeah if you haven't seen it you have no idea but for those of you who have...)

the line is "Es-cop-eh! It's funny, it's spelled just like the word 'escape'..."

so when I first saw the Ford Escape that's what I thought of and so now I want one... I call them "Es-cop-eh"s too :laugh:

Buzzz

Final Flight
RealtorGal said:
What's a G2 license?

In Canada you have to take two different driving tests before you become a fully licensed driver. Until you pass the 2nd test you will hold something that is called a G2 which last 5 years. That is how long you have to pass the final test. If you do not pass it during that time you must start all over again. ANd trust me, if you are like me and cannot afford a car or have someone to help you out, the price you pay in the end could come up to thousands of $$$ :cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sounds like a Graduated License like the ones they are implementing next year here...

carfrontred.gifCongratulations Toni!!!
I was terrified when I started behind-the-wheel drivers ed in high school. So the teacher made me do EVERYTHING first! And he knew just the right things to say to help my confidence.
I hope you get that Escape you want!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
It's sure not hard to pass the written part in KS. They send you the questionnaire
and the handbook with it has all the answers in it. I think that when you go the first time they give you the same. I didn't learn until I was 30. Not good. Then you realize all the things that could happen and you're more terrified. My
Dad took me once when I was a teenager and said "never again". Since I was the oldest, he discovered that he needed to teach the rest of them or else he would be taxiing everyone forever.