Plushenko Wedding Pics | Golden Skate

Plushenko Wedding Pics

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Article

Plushenko has surrendered to the Yermaks
On Saturday, the famous skater married a namesake of the terrifying chief

Russia has lost another valuable bachelor. On Saturday in Peteresburg, the famous skater Zhenya Plushenko got tied up. His chosen one, a daughter of an authoritative Peter businessman Georgi Ermak named Maria, took one year to get Evgeni to the city hall.

Many celeberties were at the ceremony. In attendance were skaters Roman Kostomarov and Victor Petrenko, Mikhail Boyarski's son Servei, Plushenko's coach Alexei Mishin, and many others. Petersburg Governor Valentina Matveenko also does not skip on such level weddings.

"An envlope with a lot of money in it" was how Mishin described his present for the newlyweds. The skater's manager Ari Zakarjan also gave out his secrets to "KP" - "Gold jewelry from my American store". The most unusual present, though, came from the city hall, where the chair woman gave Zhenja and Masha a pair of skates. The boots were made of white flowers, with a diamond at the tip of each blade.

The wedding was traditional. The couple spend the last night separately, and come morning Zhenya was buying out his bride from her girlfriends. Everything was as it was supposed to be, including breaking the crystal glasses, freeing doves into the sky, visiting the Basil island tip, the Bronze Horseman, a walk in the Summer Gardens and the Mars fields.

Restaurant at the "Astoria" hotel was chosen for the wedding banquet. The menu there is five hundred dollars per person, excluding drinks. In addition, Astoria in those cases gives its famous clients a free bonus - a night in the presidential suit. Igor Korneluk was helping out with the music. The newlyweds danced their first dance to "City that isn't", Evgeny's favorite theme.

It took Masha only one year to get Evgeny to this point.

"KP" NOTE

Maria Yermak is a student of sociology at the Peter University. According to friends, Zhenya and Masha met by accident. One time, Plushenko was taking his red Mazeratti out on the streets. Masha was driving along the same road on her "Audi TT". Seeing the charming girl, Evgeny turned around and caught up with her. That's how it all started.

Last edited:

Lucy25

Final Flight
Ptichka said:
The wedding was traditional. The couple spend the last night separately, and come morning Zhenya was buying out his bride from her girlfriends. Everything was as it was supposed to be, including breaking the crystal glasses, freeing doves into the sky, visiting the Basil island tip, the Bronze Horseman, a walk in the Summer Gardens and the Mars fields.

What is buying out his bride from her girlfriends?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I believe (sombody please correct me if I'm wrong) the Russian tradition is that the groom has to pay or otherwise convince his bride's girlfriends to release the bride to him.

Eeyora

Final Flight
They cerrtainly are getting enough lip action!!! Congratulations to the couple. It also gives us another fluff piece.

Linny

Final Flight
pictures

Bride and Groom look great but they've got some friends who are lousy dressers. Linny

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Eeyora said:
They cerrtainly are getting enough lip action!!! Congratulations to the couple. It also gives us another fluff piece.
At Russian wedding the couple gets a lot of lip action. From time to time, the guests start screaming "Gor'ko", which means "Bitter". Then the couple has to kiss so the bitterness go away. Sometimes, when the couple kisses all the guests count out loud how long they're in the lip lock. I think at my wedding our record was in the upper 20's. :p

lulu

Final Flight
My computer is really slow-and I haven't been able to look through all of the photos. Besides Kostomarov, Petrenko and Abt, which other skaters were at the wedding?

Linny

Final Flight
Rough

Methinks all the guests look kinda rough... perhaps a way to allow the bride and groom to shine? Between flapping jackets and poorly fitted dresses...
Linny

soogar

Record Breaker
Linny said:
Methinks all the guests look kinda rough... perhaps a way to allow the bride and groom to shine? Between flapping jackets and poorly fitted dresses...
Linny

The fat guy with the monstrous sweat stains really takes the cake (he's in the beige polo shirt lifting the bride's hem in one of the pics).

Roman actually looks very good.