my triples | Golden Skate

my triples

eternalacer

Rinkside
ok i have a question...now i can ice skate but never tried figure skating. i rollerblade a lot so my balance and edging is pretty good. the thing is on dry land i can do a triple salchow, triple flip, triple toe and triple loop, my triple lutz sometimes comes out but i can t get my axel past a single.(i did a quad at one point but boy i tell you you lose it quick cuz in a matter of days i lost it and never got it back) i can also do a triple salchow triple toe combo, triple flip triple toe, triple toe triple toe and triple loop triple toe combo. i m 6 ft tall and 180 lbs which is why i m surprised i can do these jumps...well it took me a year and a half of jumping everywhere i am to get to my triples. now my question is is it hard to transfer these jumps onto the ice? i mean all my jumps are landed perfectly on one leg and everything but when i tried it on my rollerblades i can only do a single with two footed landings, and is there a different approach to the triple axel cuz as much as i try i can t get past a single. any info would me greatly appreciated. oh and yeah all my friends and family think i m crazy and am gonna break my legs doing it on land one day but i got my triples down pat

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, I'm no skater, but I imagine it will be a lot different. (Walking on dry land vs. walking on ice?)

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
Triple salchow...triple flip...triple loop...QUAD LUTZ... on rollerblades... :eek: I think I'm gonna faint...

Melzorina

Spectator
Is a quad lutz even possible on roller blades?
And you say it took you a year and a half to get triples???

eternalacer

Rinkside
no it was a quad salchow

u guys got it all wrong i said i did all the triples and stuff on dry land read the damn posts folks and the quad i did was a quad salchow my question is how hard would it be to transfer my jumps onto ice

cborsky

Rinkside
Just to be clear, you do triples on roller blades? When you say dry land, most figure skaters think of dry land training, which is when we practice skating exercises running shoes.

If you did mean that you do jumps wearing your roller blades, how do you do the toe jumps?

I know you want information on how your skills will transfer, but I think we are all a little unclear of how jumps can be performed on roller blades. Can you give a bit more info? Also, some punctuation would make your posts easier to read and we'll make fewer mistakes understanding your requests. :thumbsup:

Personally, I can't imagine it very well. I've tried doing singles on roller blades (I have consistent doubles on the ice) and it went terribly. I landed one jump on my toe (where my pick should have been) and instead of rolling from my toe onto my blade (like what happens on the ice), the front wheel rolled the other way and I fell flat on my chest, bruising my ribs and scratching my chin on the fall! I never tried that again :laugh: So from my experiences, jumping is very different on roller blades, but cross cuts and straight strokes are very similar and transferable.

Last edited:

eternalacer

Rinkside
lol sorry

i should ve been clearer on rollerblades i can only do a single with twoo footed landing on sneakers-or tennis shoes- i can do triples and the few times i did a quad salchow

icy fresh

On the Ice
I think that once you can glide well and handle yourself on the ice, it will only be a matter of time before you can transfer your jumps. Be sure to hire a coach, though, to guide you through the processes of the jumps. Also, if your are fearless you will learn so much more quickly. I can do a lot of doubles off-ice cleanly but have yet to get them clean on the ice, they're cheated. Just be patient. There are a lot of things to skating other than jumps. Remember that.

eternalacer

Rinkside
thanx

yeah i m pretty fearless and i m good with one leg skating and changing edges on rollerblades comes pretty easy for me i mean i can iceskate pretty fast but haven t ice skated in a minute maybe i ll try my jumps next time i go ice skating

Octavia

Spectator
First of all you can do toe jumps on inlines, ever hear of PIC skates? They have a toe "pic".

http://www.picskate.com/products.htm#High Quality Boots

I can do camel spins, double sals, axles, pretty much whatever I can do on the ice I can do on those things.

On the floor I can do all of my doubles but I can't even come close to a double flip on the ice yet. It is very different. I do think practicing off ice stregnthens your muscles and gets you used to starting and stopping the rotation at the right places, but taking off while you are moving with weights on your feet makes it totally different. Its one thing to jump on the floor, jumping with skates takes a lot more effort, practice, and patience. Just my 2 cents.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
eternalacer said:
yeah i m pretty fearless and i m good with one leg skating and changing edges on rollerblades comes pretty easy for me i mean i can iceskate pretty fast but haven t ice skated in a minute maybe i ll try my jumps next time i go ice skating

I think that it will be harder than you think. It is my opinion that you need a foundation of basic ice skating skills before you fly onto the ice and whip out a triple or four.

Skater_Kid

Rinkside
HOLY CRAP YOU CAN DO A QUAD!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!
thats flippin amazing !!!!

and on rollerblades i tried that once had to be in the hospital fo a while hurt my hip...fell on it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i didnt think any body could do a quad off of the ice WOW ur flippin amazing ive been skating for 3 years and im only doin double axles once in a while and you don't skate but can do a quad ......ur gifted u should be skating with the big boys like friggin hardcore!!!!!! :rock: