Thread: Naomi Nari Nam News!!!

Custom Title

Naomi Nari Nam News!!!

According to this link (copied from sashafans.com), she is coaching at the Artesia Ice Palace. Among the other listed coaches is a Themi Leftheris, who was rumored to be skating pairs with Naomi (Peter Oppengard as their coach) Maybe, they are coaching to help pay expenses (the skating equivalent to a college teaching asssitant)?.

http://www.artesiaicepalace.com/fig...ff-coaches.html

If that link doesn't work, please try:

http://www.eastwesticepalace.com/fig...f-coaches.html
    Last edited by attyfan; 06-19-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Down With It
    N/M, because link was fixed

I never knew MK's sister was a coach.

Cool. I see also Sima and Amir Ganaba are listed.

I wonder, though, how much actual coaching experience these young performers have.

Mathman

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    ah, cmon MM, you have to start somewhere and sometime, or don't you remember the first time you faced a class as a Teaching assistant

[CENTER]As soon as I get a day off from work, I think I'll go check out the place. It looks interesting. The coaching staff is almost right up there with the Healthsouth Center, name recognition-wise.[/CENTER]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    Among the other listed coaches is a Themi Leftheris, who was rumored to be skating pairs with Naomi (Peter Oppengard as their coach) Maybe, they are coaching to help pay expenses (the skating equivalent to a college teaching asssitant)?.
    [/url]
    The phrase you use here, is Themi Lefgheris is one of the brothers (or twins?) who skated in 2003 or 2004 National's exhibition?

Ice Angel
    The years of coaching are important, and also not too important. There are coaches who taught 30 years and never coached one student who can compete at regional level making final round. On the other hand, there are some serious young coaches who really want to make their own marks in teaching skating can coach young skaters to junior national level and won medals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    The phrase you use here, is Themi Lefgheris is one of the brothers (or twins?) who skated in 2003 or 2004 National's exhibition?
    No, Steven and Christopher Pottenger were the Junior and Novice Pairs champs, respectively, at 2003 Dallas Nationals.

Themi Leftheris placed 13th in Senior Pairs at 2005 US Nationals with Julian Burns (who has since retired). Leftheris previously competed and medalled in junior internationals with Jackie Jimenez and had other pair partners as well, including Melissa Ralph (who later had success as an ice dancer).

Many competitive skaters start coaching while they are still competing since they need the money.