Naomi Nari Nam News!!! | Golden Skate

Naomi Nari Nam News!!!

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Last edited:
Cool. I see also Sima and Amir Ganaba are listed.:love:

I wonder, though, how much actual coaching experience these young performers have.

Mathman

bronxgirl

Medalist
ah, cmon MM, you have to start somewhere and sometime, or don't you remember the first time you faced a class as a Teaching assistant :laugh:

IDLERACER

Medalist
As soon as I get a day off from work, I think I'll go check out the place. It looks interesting. The coaching staff is almost right up there with the Healthsouth Center, name recognition-wise.

mzheng

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
Among the other listed coaches is a Themi Leftheris, who was rumored to be skating pairs with Naomi (Peter Oppengard as their coach) Maybe, they are coaching to help pay expenses (the skating equivalent to a college teaching asssitant)?.
[/url]
The phrase you use here, is Themi Lefgheris is one of the brothers (or twins?) who skated in 2003 or 2004 National's exhibition?

jesslily

Final Flight
The years of coaching are important, and also not too important. There are coaches who taught 30 years and never coached one student who can compete at regional level making final round. On the other hand, there are some serious young coaches who really want to make their own marks in teaching skating can coach young skaters to junior national level and won medals.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
The phrase you use here, is Themi Lefgheris is one of the brothers (or twins?) who skated in 2003 or 2004 National's exhibition?

No, Steven and Christopher Pottenger were the Junior and Novice Pairs champs, respectively, at 2003 Dallas Nationals.

Themi Leftheris placed 13th in Senior Pairs at 2005 US Nationals with Julian Burns (who has since retired). Leftheris previously competed and medalled in junior internationals with Jackie Jimenez and had other pair partners as well, including Melissa Ralph (who later had success as an ice dancer).

Many competitive skaters start coaching while they are still competing since they need the money.