Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cohen music news (well, sort of)

Down With It

Cohen music news (well, sort of)

Someone on her fan forum has annouced that she is keeping her short program from last year, but says she has a new free program, and it is "something classical".

You heard it here first

Re-using more prgorams Sasha? ugh

Custom Title
    Considering she only skated that SP twice and it was pretty well received by the judges at worlds it doesn't surprise me that she'd keep it. She needs to spend as much time as possible on her nemisis the LP. Classical music could mean anything.

Classical = Classic Sasha lp

Custom Title
    Smart choice! I love this program. If she refines it more it will be even more spectacular.

Custom Title
    I think it is a very good idea for her to keep the short programme. Apparently she likes it, and besides as already pointed out, she only skated to it twice.

Custom Title
    Well, umm, that was predictable.

I could have come up with that info myself. LOL

I actually really like her short, but I hate to see skaters repeat programs even if they've only skated them twice. This is something that always bothered me about Maria B., I love the gal but there's only so much Otonal (or Scene D'Amour, Malaguena, etc.) one can take.

Tripping on the Podium
    Her sp last year was great so I think it's good that she's keeping it. I actually hoped that she would have something more "powerful" for her LP, because I guess that many of the ladies are going to have classical music...

A judge once marked down Kwan for using the same music.

I'll bet the classical piece will be Tschaikowsky's Sleeping Beauty. That will complete her Tschaikowsky ballets.

Joe

I think it's a good idea for Sasha. Whenever she uses the same piece (even with modified choreography) for more than 1 season, she really seems to grow into it toward the end.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirsAngel
    I actually hoped that she would have something more "powerful" for her LP, because I guess that many of the ladies are going to have classical music...
    I'm thinking that too. Like, it seems at this point like she is setting herself up for this year not to be any different than any others: great short program, long program is "pretty" but doesn't exxactly do the trick technically. Mind you, she might be capable to step above her music and her past, but I don't see nearly the effort she would need in terms of important enough changes to take the gold, which I am, surprisingly I might add, actually seeing from Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    I think it's a good idea for Sasha. Whenever she uses the same piece (even with modified choreography) for more than 1 season, she really seems to grow into it toward the end.
    I also think so for all skaters, but that Russian judge on TV said she marked Kwan down for using the same music. It is a subjective sport.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I also think so for all skaters, but that Russian judge on TV said she marked Kwan down for using the same music. It is a subjective sport.

Joe
    When was that? I never heard about it. Can you remember which program it was for? Did the judge justify why they thought that such a dedecution would be allowed within the rules?

Cheers
    Ant

Medalist
    I don't get why a judge would mark down a skater for using the same program. Why don't they dock Victor P. for using the same tireless program for how many seasons. Or in fact just dock points from every skaters who use and abuse Carmen, DQ, Madam Butterfly, Turandot and oh yes my fave Swan Lake :sheesh:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz

Joe
    I never heard that either -- when/where was this? What competition? What program? Her Rach and The Feeling Begins SPs are the only programs I can remember her using more than one season. She also used several variations of her "East of Eden" program (both LP, exhibition, and SP). Which of these was it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast