Welcome Home!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

Welcome Home!!!!!!!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Thought you might like to hear that my son and his reserve unit arrived in Cleveland yesterday afternoon after a tour in Iraq. My prince-of-propaganda is trying to get a final discharge, as his enlistment expired last fall while he was in Iraq. Those soldiers whose contracts expired and who didn't re-up are trying to get out. We'll see if that theory "flies" and they get discharged or if that backdoor-draft stop-loss crap means they are still extended and stuck (and maybe stuck going back???)

MOM IS VERRY HAPPY HE'S HOME SAFE!!!! I know there are many men and women and children happy that their soldier, male or female, is home safe and sound. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What wonderful news! :clap::party2::agree: I am so glad he is back home safe and sound.

That backdoor draft thing totally bites.

Mathman

JOHIO2

Medalist
Thanx. I'm still very happy -- even though I have no room to move in my apartment because he came back with more stuff than he left with! I'm still hoping some of the army stuff, especially the two footlockers, one of which is sitting in my favorite chair and the second of which is sitting on the loveseat which is making my cat unhappy, goes back to the unit HQ. Oops, gotta go retrieve his desert camo uniform from the dryer. Still gotta go and do demob stuff at the unit base.

Now, when does Ohio State start fall quarter?????

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Great news! Give us a hug from all of us!

Don't forget to give him some space to adjust back to civilian life. My Friend's hubby took a while to get back to normal after the hoopla died down and he was returned just before all the insurgent attacks started.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Jo, this is such a great news! Good for you! Now, how is he and Cali getting along?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Fantastic, Jo.........big "cyber hugs" to you and your son from all of us here at GS...... :clap: 42

JOHIO2

Medalist
Thanx to all for the good wishes.

Ptichka, Callie and son get along much better than I thought they would. It seems Callie adores the male human. Either that or the heat has sapped all the vinegar out of my calico kitty!

Now, my son has decided that my computer is too damn slow. He claims he'll rebuild it -- sorta like the bionic man -- bigger, better, faster. Whatever, as long as he's paying for the new additions, he can knock himself out. Since Uncle Sam trusts him to do such things, I hope he knows what he's doing.

Wonder what he'll do with the rest of his summer? Also wonder when I can get more than 15 minutes in my living room and use my computer. Okay, I'm using it now, but he has been online chatting all day. Guess he's got some catching up to do now that he's back.

Oh how wonderful that your son has come home! I hope he can STAY home!

My neices 2nd ex- husband, father of her son, is supposed to get sent over in October. :cry:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Again, thank you all for the good wishes.

NJ, sorry to hear about another "volunteer" being sent over. The maintenance guy here has some relatives in a medical reserve unit that are spending 2 weeks in Egypt next month and will probably be sent to Iraq by the beginning of next year. My sister also knows someone who's been there twice and now they are talking about sending him again. I certainly hope Bush and friends get a bit of sense and set REAL limits to how often reservists and guards can be activated and sent into war zones, and Iraq will ALWAYS be a war zone for us. The Germans and the Japanese complained alot about occupation and then about our troops being stationed in their territory. But they never had the kind of terrorist resistance we see in the Islamic world.

Okay, off my soapbox. And Joe, thanks for the wishes for discharge. I don't know how many others in my son's unit are trying to get out, but I hope they all get their wishes, and SOON.