Bewitched | Golden Skate

Bewitched

Antilles

Medalist
I saw Bewitched this afternoon, and was rather unimpressed. I knew it had gotten mixed reviews, and now I'm not sure wht any of the reviews were good. I didn't find it the least bit funny, and I wouldn't recommend it. I'd recommend Batman instead.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I heard from a friend that it was a cute movie

I don't think it's fair comparing it to Batman... two completely different genres ;) I am going to go see both, soon, I hope...

Lucy25

Final Flight
Just got back from seeing Bewitched . I am so disappointed! With such a great cast and so much material to pull from, how could they end up with such a bad movie?? I am a huge fan of the tv show, in fact I am planning to buy the newly released dvd of the first season, but I did not go into the movie comparing it too much to the series. Big bummer for me :scowl:

Kristen Chenoweth (Is that really how she spells her name?) does an ok job, but over acts her part. Shirley Mclain's role is too small and too disjointed. I did think WIll Farrell did a great job, but he tends to play the same kind of guy in every movie now, and he acts the same way in interviews so I am beginning to wonder if he is actually "acting" or being normal in these parts. I like Nicole Kidman for this role, but she kept slipping back into her Austrailian accent!

I wasn't expecting a great movie, but I was at least hoping for a good movie. :banging:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Antilles said:
I saw Bewitched this afternoon, and was rather unimpressed. I knew it had gotten mixed reviews, and now I'm not sure wht any of the reviews were good. I didn't find it the least bit funny, and I wouldn't recommend it. I'd recommend Batman instead.

Thanks for the review; I already heard it's the dog of summer movies. I will be skipping this one. Besides, how could anyone top Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha? Why do they do it?

As long as they don't try to remake Gone With the Wind or the Wizard of Oz we'll be okay.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lad- Bewitched the movie is not a remake of the TV show, this is where a lot of people are getting disappointed. This is about Will Ferral's movie character and a band of "producers" deciding they want to remake the TV show... and so Ferral goes around looking for the right "unknown" to play the part. However the twist is that Will Ferral's character of the TV SHOW will be the witch and the female role will be played as a mere mortal

he finds Nicole Kidman and she IS A REAL WITCH, not just one for TV... if that makes sense

still haven't seen it, but I want to...

Antilles

Medalist
I really wouldn't waste your money, Toni. No one else in the theatre was laughing, either. Someone cheered at the end that it was finally over.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Antilles said:
I really wouldn't waste your money, Toni. No one else in the theatre was laughing, either. Someone cheered at the end that it was finally over.
I probably won't get to see it in theaters.. it's not at the Regal Cinema here... so I can't use my rewards card, and that's the only way I can talk Dad into it anymore :laugh: so Batman I will probably see... but Bewitched will be on DVD before I can be sure I'll see it :(

brad640

On the Ice
sashasbeau said:
How was Kristin Chenoweth?She was excellent in wicked! I also like her on the West wing

I went to see Bewitched just to see Kristin. Her part is small, but there are flashes of her brilliance. She has 2 quick singing moments; one singing the Bewitched theme and one singing "Witchy Woman" that was very funny. Also, there is a scene of her getting coffee that made me wish she would break into "Taylor the Latte Boy." Had Kristin been given the lead in Bewitched, it would have been a much better movie. I will just keep my fingers crossed for her Dusty Springfield bio to make it into production.

A bonus was that I got to see the amazing trailer for Rent with gorgeous Idina Menzel. It was almost like having Idina and Kristin back on stage together. The whole cast looked great, the new recording of "Seasons of Love" sounded good, and the gritty NYC photography looked promising, so I can't wait for the November release.

Bewitched was not as bad as the Stepford Wives remake, but there were too few scenes of Nicole using her magic. The special powers were what made the series fun, but the film is a typical Nora Ephron lite romance. However, the pastel colors of the sets and costumes were wonderful to look at.