Rohene Ward | Golden Skate

Rohene Ward

Sylvia

Record Breaker
emma started a thread about him recently at:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9679

Rohene Ward's official site hasn't been updated in a while, but I do know he is planning to try and qualify for 2006 US Nationals (via Upper Great Lakes Regional/Midwestern Sectional) this fall and will not represent Puerto Rico this season. I've seen him land the reverse (clockwise for him) double axel in competition (usually in sequence with a regular triple salchow), as well as several different reverse triples, including lutz, in practices. He also has reverse spins, challenging footwork, and impressive spirals in his repertoire.

Ward just competed at the Broadmoor Open club competition in Colorado Springs last weekend and landed 4toe-3toe in his new Tango long program. He is using last year's electric blues guitar short program ("The Messiah Will Come Again" by Roy Buchanan), which he interprets mesmerizingly well, IMHO. Ward's next scheduled competition is Liberty in Aston, PA in mid-July. If anyone ever has a chance to see him skate live (especially in practice!), DO IT! He is an amazingly talented all-around skater/athlete/performer. Yes, he's been a wildly inconsistent competitor, but I just love to watch him skate, regardless.

Last edited:

doug_log

On the Ice
Thanks sooo much Sylvia! Sorry, didn't realize there was another thread.

i've only seen his 2004 nats disaster. even with all the falls, he was one of the most impressive skaters I have seen. His line, spins, energy, footwork...EVERYTHING.