Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The up and coming ladies

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Joe you have seemed to be quite a Beatrisa Liang fan! Is there anything in particular that you like about her skating?
    I love the fact Bebe has--despite being in the era of baby ballarinas--grown into a skater with her own unique style. She has matured that spunk and is now a lady who skates with real passion (not just by showing some angst ala Yagudin or Cohen). I also admire her for always doing some intricate choreography even before CoP came along, and her programs from this past year were just WONDERFUL (especially the LP) and really turned me into a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by shine
    I love the fact Bebe has--despite being in the era of baby ballarinas--grown into a skater with her own unique style. She has matured that spunk and is now a lady who skates with real passion (not just by showing some angst ala Yagudin or Cohen). I also admire her for always doing some intricate choreography even before CoP came along, and her programs from this past year were just WONDERFUL (especially the LP) and really turned me into a fan.
    Me too!!! My fingers are absolutely crossed for her for a great season next year.

DG

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    Me too!!! My fingers are absolutely crossed for her for a great season next year.

DG
    Me Three!!!

Rinkside

yayer

i admire everything about BB. Her mere savior fare is pleasing to me. Her pressence on the ice has captured my heart and shoved it in the box that is the ice rink. 10/10 for BB!!!! 10/10 inDEED!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by EricAba
    Re the loop jump, does anyone know if it's easier to do the jump out of three turns rather than by itself? Perhaps the momentum from the three turns makes it easier to rotate the jump, once it gets in the air? I noticed that Bebe tried to do the triple loop from three turns at Marshalls, in place of the triple salchow.

I hope Bebe does well next season. I really enjoyed her programs at Nationals, and I thought that she had the best mix of athleticism, flexibility and artistry out of all of the up and coming ladies. And I think she can get the triple axel, given the height and power she gets on her double... next year will be exciting!
    Personally i find the loop much easier to do from a three turn entry than just from back crossovers...of course for me i'm talking the single rather than the triple but i think it would be the same.

Anthony

Tripping on the Podium

Fleur Maxwell?

I've only seen her short and long from Euros, but isn't she only 16? I really liked her, but she dosen't have all her jumps(right?).

Rinkside

Thumbs up O.o

Quote Originally Posted by mandykane21
    I've only seen her short and long from Euros, but isn't she only 16? I really liked her, but she dosen't have all her jumps(right?).
    having doubts about bebe?! she can do it all man! just gotta have more faith. she could do her jumps, look how well she did those triples.... gotta have faith man

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebebe
    having doubts about bebe?! she can do it all man! just gotta have more faith. she could do her jumps, look how well she did those triples.... gotta have faith man
    I think the post was about the luxembourg skater - Fleur Maxwell who i think only has 3 different triples - sal, toe and loop. The Eurosport commentators were gushing over her so much before she skated that i must say i was disappointed when she skated - she seemed to skate slowly and have one of those "pretty pretty" styles that don't appeal much to me. She didn't have the great deep secure edges that we see from the higher ranked skaters and i just didn't get why they were gushing over her.

Ant

Custom Title
    BeBe has all her jumps but she has problems with some of the edge jumps because they exacerbate her hip pain.

Rinkside

l0l

HMMM. well, next season, imma watch her skate, i'll be that guy cheering obnoxiously in the crowd that everyone hates!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4