The up and coming ladies | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The up and coming ladies

There is a Chinese gal I saw at Worlds who has a beautiful lyric style. She is listed in one of the GPs. Take a look at her. If she's on the right track, she will make a statement in Vancouver if not Torino.

Joe

Chipso, thanks for mentioning Alyssa Czisny :love: All she lacks is consistency on her jumps (a big IF, granted), to zoom to the top. I hope so.

Alyssa's twin sister Amber is also a fine skater. Alyssa and Amber got first and second in the National Collegiate Championships last year. But Amber has fallen a little behind because of a series of foot injuries. I read recently that she is experimenting with a hinged boot to alleviate the stress on her feet on her jump landings, and also that she is thinking of switching to ice dance.

Mathman

Joesitz said:
There is a Chinese gal I saw at Worlds who has a beautiful lyric style. She is listed in one of the GPs. Take a look at her. If she's on the right track, she will make a statement in Vancouver if not Torino.
I think that's Yan Liu who skated in senior worlds. She will be 21 in August. She is scheduled for Skate Canada and Cup of China.

But the up-and-comer is Binshu Xu. At 16, she finished 7th at Jr. Worlds this year. I think she will still be in juniors next year.

Binshu Xu: http://www.patinagecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/jrworlds05/news/images/day2/xu.jpg

Are there any Russian younsters in the pipeline?

Mathman :)

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Binshu Xu: http://www.patinagecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/jrworlds05/news/images/day2/xu.jpg

Are there any Russian younsters in the pipeline?

Mathman :)
If my memory does not fail me, I think Binshu was 2004 Chinese National Champ. Rumor had it Chinese Federation exagerated her age at the beginning to let her eligible for Junior ISU competetion. If that's true, she is only 15 years old. Her placement at Junior worlds stay almost the same in several time she participanted.

luvsasha

Final Flight
I really like kimmie! her skating is soooo good and i love her axel!!! i think she could do really well this year.

shine

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
Joe you have seemed to be quite a Beatrisa Liang fan! Is there anything in particular that you like about her skating?
I love the fact Bebe has--despite being in the era of baby ballarinas--grown into a skater with her own unique style. She has matured that spunk and is now a lady who skates with real passion (not just by showing some angst ala Yagudin or Cohen). I also admire her for always doing some intricate choreography even before CoP came along, and her programs from this past year were just WONDERFUL (especially the LP) and really turned me into a fan.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
shine said:
I love the fact Bebe has--despite being in the era of baby ballarinas--grown into a skater with her own unique style. She has matured that spunk and is now a lady who skates with real passion (not just by showing some angst ala Yagudin or Cohen). I also admire her for always doing some intricate choreography even before CoP came along, and her programs from this past year were just WONDERFUL (especially the LP) and really turned me into a fan.

Me too!!! My fingers are absolutely crossed for her for a great season next year.

DG

ilovebebe

Spectator
yayer

i admire everything about BB. Her mere savior fare is pleasing to me. Her pressence on the ice has captured my heart and shoved it in the box that is the ice rink. 10/10 for BB!!!! 10/10 inDEED!!!!.

antmanb

Record Breaker
EricAba said:
Re the loop jump, does anyone know if it's easier to do the jump out of three turns rather than by itself? Perhaps the momentum from the three turns makes it easier to rotate the jump, once it gets in the air? I noticed that Bebe tried to do the triple loop from three turns at Marshalls, in place of the triple salchow.

I hope Bebe does well next season. I really enjoyed her programs at Nationals, and I thought that she had the best mix of athleticism, flexibility and artistry out of all of the up and coming ladies. And I think she can get the triple axel, given the height and power she gets on her double... next year will be exciting!

Personally i find the loop much easier to do from a three turn entry than just from back crossovers...of course for me i'm talking the single rather than the triple but i think it would be the same.

Anthony

mandykane21

Rinkside
Fleur Maxwell?

I've only seen her short and long from Euros, but isn't she only 16? I really liked her, but she dosen't have all her jumps(right?).

ilovebebe

Spectator
o_O

mandykane21 said:
I've only seen her short and long from Euros, but isn't she only 16? I really liked her, but she dosen't have all her jumps(right?).

having doubts about bebe?! she can do it all man! just gotta have more faith. she could do her jumps, look how well she did those triples.... gotta have faith man :agree:

antmanb

Record Breaker
ilovebebe said:
having doubts about bebe?! she can do it all man! just gotta have more faith. she could do her jumps, look how well she did those triples.... gotta have faith man :agree:

I think the post was about the luxembourg skater - Fleur Maxwell who i think only has 3 different triples - sal, toe and loop. The Eurosport commentators were gushing over her so much before she skated that i must say i was disappointed when she skated - she seemed to skate slowly and have one of those "pretty pretty" styles that don't appeal much to me. She didn't have the great deep secure edges that we see from the higher ranked skaters and i just didn't get why they were gushing over her.

Ant

euterpe

Medalist
BeBe has all her jumps but she has problems with some of the edge jumps because they exacerbate her hip pain.

ilovebebe

Spectator
l0l

HMMM. well, next season, imma watch her skate, i'll be that guy cheering obnoxiously in the crowd that everyone hates! :cool: