Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What "Warhorse" for your favorite skaters???

On the Ice
    Firebird for Lysacek. Anything by Aaron Copeland (not a warhorse but great music) Meissner (Kwan or Cohen would not take the risk I think),
    Last edited by Gregor; 07-04-2005 at 01:15 AM.

Custom Title
    It's not a warhorse, but I'd like to see Ilia Klimkin skate to Rite of Spring. He'd make a great Chosen One.

The two above posts are excitingly interesting. There is nothing standard about Stavrinsky. It would be a challenge for Evan. I think Ilia could handle it.

Joe

Go NJ Devils
    Lysacek would do really well to the Monster's Dance. (So would Joubert, if he'd give up macho movie scripts.) Weir would be an awesome interpreter of the pas de deux and the Berceuse.

Klimkin as The Chosen One -- I don't think my heart would survive that one

On the Ice
    I agree with Michelle skating to Variations on a Theme by Paganini, especially the slow part. Perhaps we'll get to see that next year?

Also, I agree with Copland: I think it was mentioned somewhere that Ryan Jahnke's LP for the upcoming season is to Copland- can't wait to see that. I also seem to remember Brian B. skating to Copland, with his gorgeous spread eagles matching the vastness and majesty of the music. Does anyone else remember this, and what piece of music it was?

On another note, how about Evan Lysacek skating to Casablanca?
    Last edited by EricAba; 07-05-2005 at 02:20 PM.

Custom Title
    I'll probably get stoned for this one, but I would love to see Sasha do a Don Q LP. I can imagine her doing a great program to that music.

Michelle + Cappriccio Espagnole (sp?) = I'd die happy.

I'd also love to see Kwan do Meditation. Jeffrey Buttle do Peter and the Wolf by Prokofiev.

It's not really overused but I'd love to see Irina or Bebe do sp to "Green Hornet"

Quote Originally Posted by EricAba

. I also seem to remember Brian B. skating to Copland, with his gorgeous spread eagles matching the vastness and majesty of the music. Does anyone else remember this, and what piece of music it was?
    I think you mean "Appalachian Spring " (containing the part that has been called "Simple Gifts"), and that was his free skate music for the 1994 US Nationals & Olympics, wasn't it?
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 07-08-2005 at 05:25 AM.

Jennifer Robinson skated to this music, too, in the 2001-2002 season (choreo by Lori Nichol).

On the Ice
    Yes, Appalachian Spring. That was it. Thanks, iluvtodd. Isn't this the program where he traces the Olympic rings on the ice, as well?

P.S. On another note, can anyone tell me how to add quoteboxes from other people's posts to my replies? I can't seem to figure it out.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    P.S. On another note, can anyone tell me how to add quoteboxes from other people's posts to my replies? I can't seem to figure it out.
    EricAba, it actually does it itself. You click on the posters "quote" at the bottom of the poster's post you want to quote. When you click on the "quote" it brings up the posters post. If you want you can delete some of the post and leave what you want to reply to.

You can also quote something by copying what you want to "quote" and clicking on the icon that looks like a page, it's right under color, the last icon to the right. When you click on that you paste what you want to be "quoted in there. Also, you can quote something by using [ quote]This is how you quote[ /quote] without the spaces before the word quote in brackets. I had to do that or it would have quoted ---This is how you quote.

If you need more help...........just ask away.

Dee

Yes, Appalachian Spring. That was it. Thanks, iluvtodd. Isn't this the program where he traces the Olympic rings on the ice, as well?
    I think the program where Brian traces the Olympic rings was a pro program to the Olympic music "Summon the Heroes".

I LOVED his Appalachian Spring program!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    It's not a warhorse, but I'd like to see Ilia Klimkin skate to Rite of Spring. He'd make a great Chosen One.

I've often wished someone would use Rite of Spring. I think Buttle could also do interesting things with it.

I would love to see Weir skate to Scheherazade.

Eliza

i'd love to see anyone skate to the Four Seasons!!

Custom Title

Thanks for the answer to quotes I also have wondered how that was done. Computer illiterate here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecat
    I think the program where Brian traces the Olympic rings was a pro program to the Olympic music "Summon the Heroes".

I LOVED his Appalachian Spring program!
    So did I! Brian's 1994 Olympic long program was Lincoln Portraits/Appalacian Spring (with, as mentioned, included some of Simple Gifts). In that one he did the "switchback" spread eagle move, going the width of the arena a couple of times.

There is a lot of gorgeous music in Appalacian Spring, Tenderland/Promise of Living and Fanfare for the Common Man. Underhill & Martini and Valova & Vassiliev did a hauntingly beautiful "fours" ensemble to music from Tenderland/Promise of Living in the Skating II tour, which led into a program by Brian to more Copland, and the whole effect was stunning. I think Copland music would make a great long program for any number of skaters.

Brian traced the Olympic rings in "Summon the Heroes," which he did at a couple of pro competitions (Gold Championship and one in Auburn Hills, Mich. -- can't remember what it was called) in, I think, 1996 (?).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast