What "Warhorse" for your favorite skaters??? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What "Warhorse" for your favorite skaters???

Vash01

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Faun was skated to by Ilia Klimkin and it was nothing short of magnificent.

All the tunes noted are definitely warhorses, and poor Sasha can not get away from Tschaikowsky for her LP. they are definitely pieces to show off the technique and they suit Sasha.

I was wondering why no one ever tried Chopin? Several of his pieces were orchestrated for Fokine's ballet 'Les Sylphides'. I think they would be a challenge but they would have to be cut for skating. It would take a very special skater to do these Chopin pieces, imo.

Joe

I have not seen anyone skate to the ones you mentioned, and you are right that we don't see a lot of skaters skating to Chopin. I absolutely love Chopin and would like to see more skaters use his music.

Meno & Sand skated an SP to Chopin (Fantasie Impromptu), and Miki Ando skated an SP to Chopin (last piece in the Pianist- I am forgetting the title) couple years ago. Usova-Zhulin skated the middle part of their 'Mars' FD using Chopin music, and G&G skated a part of their 88 LP to Chopin. Kristi's pro skate to fantasie Impromptu is one of my favorites.

I love Nocturne in C minor and I always thought it would be a good SP music for someone like Michelle.

Vash

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I love the music from Carmen, but if I see one more skater choose it for a program, I'm going to scream. :yes: