Yagudin's Interest in Flying Lessons | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yagudin's Interest in Flying Lessons

Zanzibar

Final Flight
icenine said:
Let’s drink a toast to the calculated risk-takers of the world, in the here and now and in the hereafter... they sometimes make our lives hard, but they make our lives interesting.

Very well put, LOL - can I steal that??? :agree:

Will have some Alexei flying photos up today and will put them under a new thread with 'photos' in the title.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Moonwalking Alexei

Somebody finally sent me the actual magazine (rather than the web version) that the Alexei flying story is published in - it's a group of 10 regional publications called Airport Journals - this one is from the Dallas area.

If you've ever wanted to launch Alexei into space, and god knows I have, then you might find this cover amusing. ;)

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4297984&a=31825521&p=72258093&f=0

Last edited:

Crizzy

Rinkside
Alexei is such a rebel. I just adore him. Hmmm, I wonder if he ever watched The Graduate??? Just call me Mrs. Robinson. :laugh: :love:

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Crizzy said:
Just call me Mrs. Robinson. :laugh: :love:

Crizzy! :rofl:

I think there have been plenty of ladies who wished to have this title with Mr. Yagudin, but remember, in the end.....her daughter ended up with the guy! ;)

Nan

icenine

Rinkside
Quote: If you've ever wanted to launch Alexei into space, and god knows I have, then you might find this cover amusing. ;)

Why, Kathleen. Anyone who has followed his career knows him to be soft-spoken to the point of timidity, even tempered, slow to anger, self effacing, the very model of zen-like patience and saintly humility... oh, who am I kidding. Good thing he’s worth the trouble.
Not sure NASA, even in the capacity of an elaborate, governmentally funded, highly skilled team of baby-sitters is up to the task of riding herd on him.
My advice: drink plenty of water, breathe from the diaphragm, concentrate on your happy place, and try not to break your foot.

bloozywoozy

Rinkside
"high flying" Yags

Of course we all want Alexei safe and happy!! But don't get me wrong! lol While I'm all for Alexei (or anyone) pursuing their dreams and passions, I held my breath every show until I read that Alexei had an "uneventful" and "safe" Passions! I mean, between worrying about a malfunction/human error with the crane, "no safety net" and his raw blades sliding across the silks night after night, I prayed nothing would go wrong for him.On their last day in Victoria, a weight was lifted from my heart knowing he's back safely on solid ground! :clap:

Hehe, little did I know it wouldn't be for long!! lol :p

But the same would apply when he's flying his plane. lol The only difference is, with his plane, he HAS a form of "safety net" which he didn't have when he was suspended above solid ice. And those flying instructors aren't going to "pass" him unless they feel he is absolutely ready ( I believe Alexei would be an excellent student, and would catch on quickly anyway :agree: )

I also loved the cover with him and the astronaut! :clap: I thought it was fantastic that they would put 2 loved and admired high-fliers together on the cover!! :rock:

Looking forward to more pictures Kathleen :agree:

Alexei seems to be one of those daredevils would needs a certain level of over-the-top excitement in their lives. People who study brain chemistry have all kinds of explanations about it. When I saw Alexei hanging upside down from the rafters in SOI, my first impulse was to shout, Now, you get down here this instant, young man!

Ask Ilan Reich. Last week he suffered a loss of consciousness while flying near New York and passed out. When he came to he was in a high-speed dive, uncertain of what had happnened and uncertain of if he would again lose consciousness and crash. He pulled the 'chute. And survived. Even after 'landing' in water. I had the pleasure of speaking with him this morning. Turns out he had an undiagnosed brain tumor that led to a seizure - not completely dissimilar to perhaps what Scott Hamilton suffered from.
Great story, Z! Wait, don't tell me -- you were the person who invented the all-airplane parachute -- (called the K-Bang, IIRC).

Tell your buddies in high places at NASA, full speed ahead on the manned flight to Mars.

MM :)

Johar

Medalist
Good for him!

Really, flying is so much safer than driving, or just being in a car. Stat: 1 of 50 people will be killed in a car accident.

Scary, huh?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
When I saw Alexei hanging upside down from the rafters in SOI, my first impulse was to shout, Now, you get down here this instant, young man!MM :)
Math, I thought the same thing but I would have changed it to.......Now, you get down here this instant, young man and sit on my lap :biggrin: and tell Auntie Dee all about the show. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Zanzibar

Final Flight
bloozywoozy said:
I also loved the cover with him and the astronaut! :clap: I thought it was fantastic that they would put 2 loved and admired high-fliers together on the cover!! :rock: Looking forward to more pictures Kathleen :agree:

Just noticed on Google two days ago they paid homage to the anniversary of the first moon landing and had a cute little drawing right on the word Google of two astronauts crawling out of the lunar lander. Yeah - pretty funny to see Gene Cernan and Alexei together on the same cover, LOL.

I will be putting up new photo albums of Alexei, beginning August 16th, to continue every month until he hands over his crown on February 16th in Torino.
Some of these will be on the IFS magazine site, and all will be available on my site.

Last edited:

Mamouchka

Rinkside
I will be putting up new photo albums of Alexei, beginning August 16th, to continue every month until he hands over his crown on February 16th in Torino.
Some of these will be on the IFS magazine site, and all will be available on my site.
[/QUOTE]
Chic, of new photos! I shall look forward to them ;) !Thanks Kathleen :)