Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Michelle Kwan's attitude about other skaters

Grgranny

Re: What Skaters Say and What They Mean

:rollin:

SteveKmetko374

Re: Instant Karma

I don't know if Kwan is a buddist but she seems like an old soul. I think her maturity comes from her parents, who seem to have passed on a sensitivity to her. When she finished second in the Olympics in 1998 her father asked her "what have you learned from this" and he is always challenging her with thoughtful questions. I think her parents did a wonderful job. She stateed after the 2001 Worlds that she did not watch Irina skate - Michelle had already skated a wonderful performance and then it was Irina's turn. She didn't want to watch Irina skate because the thought she would be thinking "fall, fall" so she removed herself from a negative situation, even though the situation would have taken place entirely within her, she did not want this negativity inside her.

Linny

Feeling bad

There's really no way to get into Michelle's mind and know what she meant by the "karma" comment...

For those of you who are involved in competitive circumstances (be they sports or job assignments or vying for a mate or whatever): do you not wish bad luck on your competitor because you worry about receiving retribution in the future? In this life or the next?

Or is it possible that there are some altruistic people out there who simply do not wish bad luck on ANYone?

Linny

LADSKATER

Re: Michelle Kwan's attitude about other skaters

Many figure skaters are superstitious and carry "good luck" charms with them to their competitions. Perhaps, Miss Kwan's necklace is her good luck charm.

Ladskater

Joesitz

Re: Instant Karma

Steve - Michelle is La Kwan and that's what it's all about. Anyone can read into it but it still comes out La Kwan.

(Deleted because I overpartied last night.):x

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3