Article: Angela Nikodinov To Take 2005-06 Season Off | Golden Skate

Article: Angela Nikodinov To Take 2005-06 Season Off

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this saddens me, but I completely understand and support her. I'm glad she's listening to her doctors, unlike so many other skaters who go out and continue to injure themselves further. I wish her all the best! :rock:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A very wise decision on her part.

Dee

mzheng

Record Breaker
Yeah, I don't think we'll see her again in amature rink. She is concentrating on coaching, choreogrphy now. And teaching young skater jump technique.

Jhar55

Medalist
I don't think she'll be back, isn't this the second time she been out due to an injury
Wasn't the other time because of her shoulder?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Jhar55 said:
I don't think she'll be back, isn't this the second time she been out due to an injury
Wasn't the other time because of her shoulder?
Yeah. If memory does not fail me. She sat out one season because of her shoulder surgery.

But this time is different, the same accident she lost her mom. And her arm injury just too painful to look at. She properbaly need some skin migration.

jesslily

Final Flight
Angela missed the chance going to 98 Olympic...if she went there she could do better than Nicole Bobek...she experienced so much unfortunate... hope she enjoy coaching...

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
She will be missed at Nats this year. She is such a sweet person and I wish her all the best in whatever she decides to do. :cry:

Eeyora

Final Flight
What a shame? The poor girl. I wish she would come back after this season. I doubt she will. I would like to see her comeback and skate her best even if she isn't able to hold off the up and comers. She could probably get to do some Dission shows. She may actually do beeter than in competitions.

Linny

Final Flight
Kiss N Cry

Angela will be a marvelous coach. We'll see her again in the Kiss N Cry!!
Linny

backspin

On the Ice
What must be doubly hard for her is that for many skaters the ice is an escape, a solace & a place of retreat. She has lost that at a time when she probably really needs it. Very sad for her, and I wish her all the best in her recovery.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
^^^Thanx! I give all credit to Tonichelle who made it for me a while back. :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KwanFan1212 said:
^^^Thanx! I give all credit to Tonichelle who made it for me a while back. :clap:

you're welcome (and that was a long time ago now lol)

S

SkateFan4Life

Angela Nikodinov to Skip 2005-2006 Season

Here's a link to the USFSA website news item concerning Angela Nikodinov's decision to skip the upcoming competitive season. Sylvia mentioned this in one of her responses to my thread on the US team envelopes, but I thought this topic deserved a thread of its own.

I'm so sorry to read this! Angela has had a heartbreaking year, with the tragic car accident at US Nationals that took the life of her mother. And now she has a nagging hand injury from that accident. At the age of 25, I wonder if a comeback will be in her future. Hopefully, she will remain in the sport, perhaps as a pro skater. I certainly wish her the best.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=30244