La Kwan? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

La Kwan?

S

sk8m8

Re: Prima Donna

Joe, though some remain unconvinced I woud mostly agree with your post. I would say that Figure Skating had one true Diva and that would be the one and only Sonja Henie. She did it all and was larger than life in many ways. Like Callas, she changed the face of her profession.

J

Joesitz

Re: Prima Donna

Sk8m8 - I have to agree. If there is or was a figure skating diva it had to be Sonia. She was all that the opera singers could achieve both in adoration and loathing. She was special.

I was afraid I would get a list of the 10 most likely figure skating divas! - all of recent times. Not the real thing.

There are <span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">special</span> people in this world. We cannot name our favorites of today to this category. It is a special list not easily named.
Check out the Nobel prize winners. Not easy for them to decide. But fs fans will toss names around without recourse to any deep thought.

Cheers - Joe

S

SteveKmetko374

Re: Divas on Ice

I use La Kwan a lot as well, as Joe said it means "The Kwan"
in English.

It's my new pet name for her, and a nice change from calling her "MK" all the time

C

cianni

Love the sound, LA KWAN. So classy and unique.

F

FetalAttraction

Nicknames galore

Here are some other potential names for La Kwan:

Spongebob SquareKwants

RepubliKwan

Puerto RiKwan

Kwan't Touch This

Kwantonese

Kwanadian

RaKwanda

Apolo Kwanton Ohno

A Fish Named Kwanda

I Kwant Kwandy

The Ku Klux Kwan

The Wu-Tang Kwan

Kwanned Parenthood

Ooops, I almost forgot the most insulting one:

Kwancy Kerrikwan

G

Grgranny

Re: Nicknames galore

Fetal:rollin:
Maybe you need to get a life?

B

bunghodog

Sasha has years to be considered a diva. I have not heard the lakwan yet.

R

rgirl181

I love it! But I must make a minor correction: It's "A Fish Called Wanda," which would make it "A Fish Kalled Kwanda." The alliteration is much stronger than in "A Fish Named Kwanda."

Catch Me if You Kwan
Kwans of New York
ChiKwango
Confessions of a Dangerous Kwan
Night of the Living Kwan
Kwan, the Beloved Country
Dances With Kwan
The Kwan of Music
Being John Malkwanvich
Kwansford Park
Kwan of the Jungle
Kwandom Come
I Am Kwan
Lara Kwan: Tomb Raider
With a Kwan in My Heart
Kwan of the Rings
or
Lord of the Kwan
Scott Kwanilton
Kurt Kwaning
Ilia Kwanik
Tom Brokwan
David Letterkwan
Anna Nikwan Smith
The Oskwans
JKwan and Ben Affkwan
...okwan, I mean, okay, sorry I got kwannied away...:D
Rgirl

A

Aloft02

And then there's those old nostalgic standards... who can ever forget the velvet tones of Johnny Mathis' "Kwanderful, Kwanderful"; the lyrical strings of Mancini's "Kwan River"; or my personal faves, "I Kwanna Hold Your Hand" or "Kwan You Wish Upon a Star."

But WAIT! That's not all! Order now and we'll throw in Michelle's popular new video, The Art of Tai Kwan - DOH! Operators are standing by.

(I'm GS member #949.5 :smokin: )