Sarah Hughes looks great on the red carpet | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sarah Hughes looks great on the red carpet

emma

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Math, remember a couple of years ago when Irinia did the cowgirl program with the whip? What did you think of the whip feature? :laugh: :laugh: Yee Hah!!!

Dee

I remember that one and thought it was outrageous in the best and most enjoyable sort of way...Really, I just loved that one and she looked so happy doing it...wasn't it the olympics exhibition?

elinmand

Rinkside
I saw Sarah in SOI last winter, and she did look heavy and slow. But heavy and slow in skater terms. Remember, all the other women in the cast were pairs skaters, who tend to average five feet tall and 100 pounds--even less than your average lady in singles.

Put Sarah next to some past Olympians like Katarina Witt or Nancy Kerrigan, and she would look pretty normal. Next to your average Yale undergrad, she probably fits in just fine. Next to Kyoko, Elena, Jamie, Yuka, Jenni, et al, she looks like a different species. Sasha would fit in perfectly with them.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Spelling tips....

1) Be like me and just be so tired when you post that you don't care if you look less intelligent that you are. I figure no one pays that close attention to my spelling/grammer anyway. :frown2:

2) Easy, easy, easy...Open up MS Word and type the post and spellcheck it. Most people don't know how easy the next few steps are....A: go to the top of the menu and select "EDIT" from that menu select "SELECT ALL"; B: Go Back to "EDIT" and select " COPY" (leave the document open); C: open the Goldenskate post window,insert your cursor with the mouse, then right click on the mouse, select "PASTE"....you are done.

Alternate choices for steps "B" and "C"....when you "select all" you can use the keyboard and depress "Ctrl & (letter)C" keys at the same time. Open up your GS window , insert the cursor and then depress "Ctrl & (letter) V" keys at the same time.

Happy posting.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
(Still, the imp in me wants to see Yuka Sato come up to her and say, "no, dear, I skate last, thank you very much." :laugh: )

Mathman :)

LOL. mm, did you once say Yuka is the type of the girl that you'd bring home to see parent? How can you now imagine she saying such thing? :laugh:

dancindiva03 said:
The year Sasha joins SOI is the year I stop going to see it.
Ouch! Poor Sasha. Would you really stop going to the ice show altogether just because you don't like one of the performers? You could just close your eyes when she is skating and listen to some nice Tchaikovsky.

MM :)

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
I've never been to SOI show. But have been to COI show a few times, the sole reason we bought the COI tickets is to see Michelle, that's not to say I diddn't enjoy the rest of cast. I enjoy them very much, just not that any single one of them is enough to make me buy the ticket.

I believe show skating is not such demanding as competetive skating. Back injury or not, Sasha will not become a Tara. I still remember the year Sasha was sitting out Nationals (2001?), I saw her performing at COI with some rythm gymnastics (with ribon on her hands) number on ice. She was really beautyful to watch in that number, though back then I don't know any thing about edge quality and what type jump, but again how many audience attending ice show know as much as real skating as the posters on internet? Average audience, IMO, just enjoy the well put together show of lights, musics, beautyful skaters gliding on ice, etc....Sasha is a perfect fit in this setting. JIMO.

mzheng said:
I've never been to SOI show. But have been to COI show a few times, the sole reason we bought the COI tickets is to see Michelle, that's not to say I didn't enjoy the rest of cast. I enjoy them very much, just not that any single one of them is enough to make me buy the ticket.
I had exactly the same experience. I do think that a show needs a big name to draw in new and casual fans. Then once they are there, they say, "Hey, these other guys are pretty good, too. I enjoyed the whole show. I guess I'll go back next year."

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
mzheng said:
I believe show skating is not such demanding as competetive skating.
You mean in a physical level? If so, I disagree. I think touring with SOI much be exhausting. Skating up to 5 or 6 programs every night for 4 months, plus all the gruelling travelling from city to city and rehearsals too... I would think the skaters must be dying for some holidays as the end of the tour approaches :)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
"No one cares about the spelling or punctuation"

Oh, yeah. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Am I loosing my reppuutaationnn?

Eeyora

Final Flight
mzheng said:
I've never been to SOI show. But have been to COI show a few times, the sole reason we bought the COI tickets is to see Michelle, that's not to say I diddn't enjoy the rest of cast. I enjoy them very much, just not that any single one of them is enough to make me buy the ticket.

\When I first went to see COI in 98 it seemed to have more headliner. The skater I wanted to see the most was Michelle. However I waqnted to see the other skaters as much. Things have changed while I did enjoy the show very much this year (one of my favorites). My favorite to see is still Michelle.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I would say that Sarah´s costume design and length are not the best possible ones for her bodytype.

Jhar55

Medalist
If there is a skater you don't like in the show good time for restroom break, or it could be a good time to refill your favorite drink. The lines will be a lot shorter then if you go during the break.

S

SkateFan4Life

IMHO, Sarah Hughes is simply enjoying being a celebrity. After all, she did win the Olympic gold medal at SLC, so that qualifies her for a certain amount of star billing. However, she has a long way to go if she ever wishes to return to serious competitive skating. She's lost her triples, lost her competitive edge, and she's out of shape. She's a celebrity and a show skater at this point, but that's as far as it goes. Time will tell, of course.