New website look for Belbin & Agosto | Golden Skate

New website look for Belbin & Agosto

Spirit

On the Ice
Belbin & Agosto's web site has been redesigned. Now the front page has spelling errors, but (finally) their recent achievements are displayed immediately. (Hey -- what's the use of a national title and a world silver medal if you're not gonna brag about it? :agree: )

The whole site seems easier to navigate.

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/belbin-agosto/

And not only that, but the webmaster for this site is our very own Dustin (GS moderator). :)

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
Currently, the Figure Skaters Online staff is working hard to make changes that reaffirm Figure Skaters Online's commitment to providing unique features for athletes and figure skating fans.

Among the changes that have been made include the redesigned Figure Skaters Online, the redesigned Tanith Belbin & Benjamin Agosto Online, and the redesigned Kyoko Ina & John Zimmerman Online. Several other redesigns are currently in progress--hopefully your favorite skaters will have a new site soon.

Another great feature added to Figure Skaters Online is Mariel Miller & Rockne Brubaker Online. Coming soon are the official websites for Jeremy Abbott, Wesley Campbell, Stephanie Ellis & Ian Ross-Frye, Michael Peters, and more!

Please any offer feedback, including your suggestions as to what you would like to see, please e-mail the administrative webmasters at http://www.figureskatersonline.com/administrativewebmasters.html

You can also e-mail comments to the specific designers. A list of designers, and their contact forms, is available at http://www.figureskatersonline.com/designers

(Dustin designed the new Belbin & Agosto site. The new Ina & Zimmerman website was brought you by Hooloovoo. The Miller & Brubaker site was designed by Daphne! The new Figure Skaters Online core site was brought to you by Jamie. )

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Spirit

On the Ice
I think the new Belbin & Agosto site looks very nice. It's neat that he picked colors that match their costumes in the photos.

The whole Figure Skaters Online deal seems to be very professionally done, IMHO. If you are a skater, and if you satisfy certain criteria depending on your level, you can apply to get a web site. It doesn't say what fees are involved or what services are provided, such as keeping up a buzz on the Internet about a particular skater's activities. You can also apply to be a web master, if you have the training and experience. I assume these are paid positions, although the site does not go into this.

It seems like a nice balance between a comercial enterprise and a fan site, sort of like Sasha's official site. I'm all for it. The more interest we can stir up for skating and skaters, the better.

Mathman :)

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
More about FSO

Figure Skaters Online is paid for by a skating photographer. Because she pays for the webs space involved with Figure Skaters Online, which is quite expensive because the sites total over 500 MB, Figure Skaters Online is able to provided free official websites to those athletes who meet the criteria.

Figure Skaters Online does not turn down athletes who meet the criteria. However, some athlete websites take a long time to develop because of the availability of the web designers and the webmasters. A staff member needs to be able to take on the website in order to get the ball rolling.

Other than a website, there are no other services provided. However, the Figure Skaters Online staff is relatively emerged in the skating community and is sometimes able to refer skaters to photographers, journalists, and other people who can help the skater in needed ways.

(Updates from the websites are posted in the Figure Skaters Online newsletter and on message boards, including FSU, in order to keep people updated on the skater.)

All of the Figure Skaters Online staff is unpaid. Although Figure Skaters Online wishes that payment could be given to web designers and webmasters, the website makes no money off of the websites or any of the athletes involved in the websites, and is unable to pay staff members.

Some of the webmasters are using their experiences at FSO as resume builders for future careers in journalism, public relations, web design, and more. Other staff members are using their experiences as a distraction from their already established careers.

And there are a million great reasons in between to become involved with FSO.

The unpaid status makes the dedication of the Figure Skaters Online staff even more remarkable. Everyone at FSO is a volunteer who simply loves figure skating.

FSOWebmaster said:
Figure Skaters Online is paid for by a skating photographer.
:clap::clap::rock:
The unpaid status makes the dedication of the Figure Skaters Online staff even more remarkable. Everyone at FSO is a volunteer who simply loves figure skating.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Julie O

Rinkside
Thank you for the information! Being a figure skating fan myself, and involved in various projects for skaters like Brian and Alexei, I totally understand the devotion and passion that drives a fan to try to be of service to any of our wonderful skaters. :p
I don't have any talents at webdesign, but I can organize and complete projects. It would be super if I could quit my current career and make a living at the above, but it's a nice dream, that's all. :yes:

Julie