Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Jennifer Kirk announces free skate music

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    196

    Jennifer Kirk announces free skate music

    In her newest diary entry, Jennifer discusses her feelings on the West Coast, her relationship with her coaches, and her new free skate.

    Read her diary at her official website, Jennifer Kirk Online, http://www.figureskatersonline.com/jenniferkirk/

  2. #2
    Forum translator Ptichka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,430
    I think Moulin Rouge is a good choice for Jenny. She did so great with the Chicago number - hopefully she'll shine the same way here. She really has her work cut out for her, though, to keep her spot on the US team.

  3. #3
    Custom User Title CDMM1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,220
    Very true Ptichka. She is going to have a tough time with challenges coming from all directions, like Kimmie Meissner, and Bebe.

  4. #4
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    Thanks for the info...

    Sounds like she's really preparing for what's to come, though. Methinks she's still got some fight left in her. She really does have a legitimate shot at making the Olympic team, so I expect her to make the most of it.

  5. #5
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    ITA Ptichka - I do wish her the best but her work is cut out or her. She has 3 teens breathing down her back for that 3rd place on the team. It's a toss up who will get the spot: Jenny? Kimmie? Emile? or Bebe? all of whom are waiting for Cohen and Kwan to make enough points in the Olys so that 3 gals can go to Calgary.

    There's more to this Olys than Cohen and Kwan.

    Joe

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    ITA Ptichka - I do wish her the best but her work is cut out or her. She has 3 teens breathing down her back for that 3rd place on the team. It's a toss up who will get the spot: Jenny? Kimmie? Emile? or Bebe? all of whom are waiting for Cohen and Kwan to make enough points in the Olys so that 3 gals can go to Calgary.

    There's more to this Olys than Cohen and Kwan.

    Joe
    I thought that the results from Moscow dictated the number of US ladies at both Olys and Worlds. Is this incorrect?

  7. #7
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    I thought they did, too.

    I THINK...I don't know this for sure but I think:

    Since Kwan and Cohen placed 4th and 2nd, the U.S. can send three ladies to Torino

    The placements at the Olympics won't have an effect on who can send how many, but the upcoming 2006 Worlds in Canada (forgot where) will.

    And, I think the same people who got to go to the Olympics get to go to Worlds as well. It's just that in 98 and 02 an American has happened to win gold and pulled out of the upcoming world championships.

    Am I correct in saying this?

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,046
    Red Dog -- what you have said is pretty much my understanding also. Moscow determined that three ladies go to Torino and Calgary, and, Calgary determines how many US ladies get to go to Worlds in 2007 -- and usually the same people are named on the World team as to the Oly team. this is not an absolute, though. For example, B & A are not eligible for Olys due to her citizenship, but her citizenship is not a problem for Worlds as the citizenship requirement is imposed by the IOC, not the ISU. So, B & A will be named to the World team, even if they can't go to Olys.

  9. #9
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    Red Dog -- what you have said is pretty much my understanding also. Moscow determined that three ladies go to Torino and Calgary, and, Calgary determines how many US ladies get to go to Worlds in 2007 -- and usually the same people are named on the World team as to the Oly team. this is not an absolute, though. For example, B & A are not eligible for Olys due to her citizenship, but her citizenship is not a problem for Worlds as the citizenship requirement is imposed by the IOC, not the ISU. So, B & A will be named to the World team, even if they can't go to Olys.
    Ah...so does this mean that (assuming B and A win Nats in 06) the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams will get to go to the Olys, while the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams get to go to the World Championships?

  10. #10
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,970
    I'm glad to see that Jenny has her web site back up. (Thanks, Webmaster.) I didn't know that Jennifer Don was her best friend in skating. Nice that they will be sharing an apartment.

    I still think that the third spot is Jenny's to win or lose. And I think that she would represent the U.S. the best at Turino. But USFS may feel like she hasn't made the most of her opportunities in international competition the last couple of years and they may be looking toward the future and pushing the youngsters.

    Jenny used to have a reliable triple-toe/triple toe. I think she'll need it this year. If she hits all of her jumps, I think she is still way ahead of her rivals in presentation.

    OK, now...What look is she going for in this picture from her web site?

    http://www.figureskatersonline.com/j...phics02/02.jpg

    Mathman

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I'm glad to see that Jenny has her web site back up. (Thanks, Webmaster.) I didn't know that Jennifer Don was her best friend in skating. Nice that they will be sharing an apartment.

    I still think that the third spot is Jenny's to win or lose. And I think that she would represent the U.S. the best at Turino. But USFS may feel like she hasn't made the most of her opportunities in international competition the last couple of years and they may be looking toward the future and pushing the youngsters.

    Jenny used to have a reliable triple-toe/triple toe. I think she'll need it this year. If she hits all of her jumps, I think she is still way ahead of her rivals in presentation.

    OK, now...What look is she going for in this picture from her web site?

    http://www.figureskatersonline.com/j...phics02/02.jpg

    Mathman
    ITA MM...to answer your question about the look, how about...SCARY!?!

  12. #12
    Forum translator Ptichka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,430
    Talking about Calgary brings up an interesting point. If Sasha and/or Michelle skip on it, then it opens up 1 or 2 more spots for American ladies at Worlds.

  13. #13
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,176
    I think you generally got it right about how the Oly and World teams are selected. It's the norm, but there are exceptions. I think the rule is that the winner is guaranteed a spot on the team, barring qualification issues (i.e. age and/or citizenship requirements.) and medical byes (Nancy being sent instead of Michelle in 1994). The remaining positions are at the discrimination of the USFSA, but they typically choose the 2nd and 3rd placers.

    In 1992, Paul Wylie deferred his position on the World team to Mark Mitchell after Todd Eldridge was given a medical bypass for the Oly team. I can't remember, but did Todd go to World's that year after Oly's?

  14. #14
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    I believe after Nats where Todd placed 4th, the deal was Todd to the Olys and Mark to the Worlds. Neither did well. Paul went to both, I think. Please correct.

    I can't remember who got the US 3 places for the Olys in the previous Worlds.

    Joe

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    ITA Ptichka - I do wish her the best but her work is cut out or her. She has 3 teens breathing down her back for that 3rd place on the team. It's a toss up who will get the spot: Jenny? Kimmie? Emile? or Bebe? all of whom are waiting for Cohen and Kwan to make enough points in the Olys so that 3 gals can go to Calgary.

    There's more to this Olys than Cohen and Kwan.

    Joe
    Don't forget Yebin Mok. That made it four. Is Yebin Mok still with Frank? How about Yebin's US sitizenship?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •