It's Michelle's business | Page 2 | Golden Skate

It's Michelle's business

bronxgirl

Medalist
to me, all an athlete owes their fans, is to perform to the best of their ability, and to not be involoved with some of the scandals plagueing sports today. By this measure, Michelle owes me nothing. I sit back and enjoy her performances, good or bad, knowing that she has tried to the best of her ability (and sometimes it seems beyond), and there has never been a hint of scandal. Michele, you rock! :rock: :clap:

Jhar55

Medalist
Michelle dosen't owe me anything either. Even if she came out tomorrow on Today Show and say I am done no Skate America, Nationals or Olympics. Yes I'd miss her but also wish her well. This also applies to any of the other skaters.

Eeyora

Final Flight
No she doesn't owe me anything other than maybe my sanity back. These years of watching Michelle have been an emotional roller coaster in which mostly I have cried tears of joy. I personally hope she continues to have some involvement in the sport. Whether it is commentating, show skating or magazine publishing.

I think she has wanted to go to Torino for some time. The question for her may have been would she still be able to push herself.

kyla2

Final Flight
She Doesn't Owe Me Anything.....

She doesn't owe me anything, but she DOES owe it to herself to give this year, which I believe will be her last, her very best effort. I don't know whether she will win any medal at the Olympics or not, but I want to see her train her hardest and give it her all in competition. I would like to see her go out like Michael Jordan, maybe not winning every game, but when he left the sport you sure knew he was gone. I want there to be a huge hole when she is gone, so that people who didn't realize it before, realize that the greatest figure skater of all time has left the competitive world.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
No figure skater can compete forever. It's just the laws of old age. One day, Michelle will hang up her competitive skates, but I am sure she will always be connected to skating in one way or another. She has many options open to her - touring, teaching, endorsing skating rinks, you name it.

The skaters of today have way more options than the skaters that went before them. It's a whole different "ball game" or "skating game" in this case.

Michelle has become a bit of a legend in her own time and certainly her name will always be connected to figure skating. Hey, and she has done it without winning the Olympic title!! Good on her.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
kyla2 said:
She doesn't owe me anything, but she DOES owe it to herself to give this year, which I believe will be her last, her very best effort. I don't know whether she will win any medal at the Olympics or not, but I want to see her train her hardest and give it her all in competition. I would like to see her go out like Michael Jordan, maybe not winning every game, but when he left the sport you sure knew he was gone. I want there to be a huge hole when she is gone, so that people who didn't realize it before, realize that the greatest figure skater of all time has left the competitive world.

:yes:

Kyla! Can I get an amen!

kyla2

Final Flight
Amen!

Kwanford wife, AMEN!!!! Here's hoping for our girl this year. I just want her to do the best she can. I will always be proud of her no matter what (I sound like I'm talking about my child). But I will be crying buckets at this Olympics because I know it's her last.