"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".........The Movie | Golden Skate

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".........The Movie

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay, I'm not a huge fan of Tim Burton, his movies are always filmed on the "slant", if you know what I mean...........but I must say I enjoyed this flick. I was a little concerned with the casting of Johnny Dep as Willie Wonka, but about half way through the movie, his characterization of Willie started to "click". Not as good as "Batman", but still, an afternoon of fun..... :agree: for me on this film too. 42

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm probably going to wait for DVD on this one. I think Depp's Wonka looks creepy and I didn't love the original enough to put this on my must see in theatre list.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
heyang, IMHO this movie is better than the original one... I barely remember the first one, but I remember that it freaked me out (yes I'm weird)... this one weirds you out, but that was its point. :)

I enjoyed the movie, took Duane to see it and he liked it too... I wrote about it in my journal. :rock:

guinevere

Final Flight
I saw it, it was ok. There are some very funny moments in it, but almost all of them are funny in a hip, ironic way that would be better suited as a series of SNL skits than a feature film. I felt like the film couldn't decide what it wanted be, and as a result came off as disjointed. I usually love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, but this movie made me want to go home and rent the 1971 version.

Lcp88

On the Ice
This movie was one of the best I've seen this year. The trailers don't do it justice - really. Ignore them. Johhny isn't as Michael Jackson-ish as he seems, and it is very, very loyal to the novel. Granted, I adore Tim Burton, but I would have definately enjoyed it without his name attached. It's also a funny movie, as guinevre said, and not in a childlike humor. Go see it, it's worth it!

Laura

Antilles

Medalist
I enjoyed the film, too. Depp was his usual, wonderful self. I enjoyed Highmore as Charlie. This version was much better than the original film (but nothing can surpass the book).

Katya

Rinkside
I felt this one was better than the first, especially since it was more like the book. And I have to admit that I loved the music! I am buying the soundtrack to this one!! I thought the special effects were great too :yes:

Vash01

Medalist
I did not see the first. Neither did I read the book. So I did not know the story. I thought it was a good movie but not great. It had its moments.

Suzy

On the Ice
I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp. I loved it when Johnny described how chocolate has been known to be an aphrodisiac (or something to that effect), and the one mom says, "You don't say!" and gave him this flirtatious look! I would have pinched his derriere, too! :biggrin: