Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Thing that I have noticed about this site and Sasha Cohen

  1. #16
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by oOSC_I*S_PrincessoO
    Well to me it seems like everyone hates her.. and I dont really understand it. People do have their opinions.. but it seems like everyone on this site hates her. And people questioning her flexability??.. wow I am sorry but you have to be stupid to not think she is flexable. I am a sasha fan, just if u are wondering. And yes she does use alot of classical music.. but maybe that is just her thing, like to me michelle kwan always uses kinda of exotic music.. and that is kinda her thing. Well maybe not always.. but sasha doesnt always use classical either. Anyways, it seems like most people are jealous.. that is just what I am getting from some coments people make about her. Also, her I spin.. well I think you think its ugly because it is not as graceful, and sometimes doesnt go along with her classical thing.. but I think it was what the judges expect from her, and if it is what the judges want to see then I dont blame her for doing it. So why do we really hate Sasha??.. I mean it could be because she reuses music but thats kinda lame. It could be other thing, so explain it to me.
    Princess, as a confirmed uber Kwan fan, I can understand your confusion on some posts ~ because sometimes its hard to seperate your "fandom" of Sasha from a general love of the sport. When I first started posting here, I would get all in a lather if Kwan wasn't acknowledged as the Greatest of All Time (which of course she is... ) and jump on the defensive... But, what I've grown to understand and respect about the posters here is that while we may not agree on who's the best ~ we tend to agree that bashing isn't the point. But rather thoughtful discussion and productive conversation. That's just the way it is... and the way it should be.

    What I would suggest you do is to respond to the individual post that has sent you over the edge vs. making a general post about Sasha haters. Not that you aren't entitled to feel that way, but it increases your crediability, allows you to develop relationships with other posters and gives you the opportunty to explain why you think someone is wrong in their assessment of Sasha's technical & artistic abilities. (Rather than calling them stupid...)

    Nobody likes a troll (unless its really late at night & I can't sleep & need entertainment ) and its counterproductive to begin your posting here in that vein... there are other sites for that...

    We're figure skating fans... the most civilized sport on the planet!

  2. #17
    Ice Angel
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    739
    There are people who like Sasha's skating very much, and there are also some people who don't like her skating. But I think more people really enjoy Sasha's and talked about her all the time. If you count the threads here for the past year probably you'll find Sasha's threads are much more than any other skaters. If people really "hate" her, they wouldn'y comment her so often and so much. I assume that people mostly want to talk about something making them happy. Nobody wants to constantly talking something making himself upset. Sasha is not perfect, but overall she is still the most beautiful skater.

  3. #18
    Custom User Title CDMM1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,220
    No matter who you choose it's easier, and more interesting to talk about a skater's flaws than their strengths. Think about it. A whole thread of people saying Sasha's fantastic, I know!, I think so too! wouldn't be that interesting, so even fans of Sasha like myself, still like to talk about her flaws because it's a bit more interesting. The thing I like most about this website is the debate between posters, and you can't have a one-sided debate. Someone's got to win.

  4. #19
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11
    Well, I dont think I said that you all hated her, I was just saying that it seems like it.. which in my opinion is completely diffrent.. because it is true about what you said on how can you hate someone whom you dont know. Bravesskatefan (I think your name was) I wasn't referring to your post.. I realize that you were talking about her technique, and I completely understand that.. I was referring to the replies (some of them) you got from them. I am a philosophy major.. so I am working on becoming a Philosopher so I do question and try to understand the truth. So this is one of the reason why I made this.. to understand why the comments were made about Sasha. Your replies kind of helped me to understand it more.. because I thought that you all were just kind of trashing her.. in a way.. but now I realize that you weren't. So don't get me wrong and think that I didn't know anything.. because I have thought about it which took me so long to start a thread.

    Also, I do realize that alot of things in my post were worded wrong.. sorry

    The jealousy thing.. well I kind of got that impression from some people.. but it could just be me.

    One more thing, I completely realize that this site is about all figure skaters.. but just this thread was about Sasha.. as of more threads.. and I dont quite understand that comment that someone made.

  5. #20
    Skating Diva Kara Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    578
    Welcome to our cozy litlle forum oOSC_I*S_PrincessoO

  6. #21
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    Princess, as a confirmed uber Kwan fan, I can understand your confusion on some posts ~ because sometimes its hard to seperate your "fandom" of Sasha from a general love of the sport. When I first started posting here, I would get all in a lather if Kwan wasn't acknowledged as the Greatest of All Time (which of course she is... ) and jump on the defensive... But, what I've grown to understand and respect about the posters here is that while we may not agree on who's the best ~ we tend to agree that bashing isn't the point. But rather thoughtful discussion and productive conversation. That's just the way it is... and the way it should be.

    What I would suggest you do is to respond to the individual post that has sent you over the edge vs. making a general post about Sasha haters. Not that you aren't entitled to feel that way, but it increases your crediability, allows you to develop relationships with other posters and gives you the opportunty to explain why you think someone is wrong in their assessment of Sasha's technical & artistic abilities. (Rather than calling them stupid...)

    Nobody likes a troll (unless its really late at night & I can't sleep & need entertainment ) and its counterproductive to begin your posting here in that vein... there are other sites for that...

    We're figure skating fans... the most civilized sport on the planet!
    Well I would respond to individual posts.. but I dont have the time.. and this is just my way of doing that..but maybe if I did have the time to write to an individual...I guess I would. I really dont understand you calling me a troll. I guess you are calling me that. But I was just questioning the subject.. because I didnt quite understand it.. and I wasnt calling people stupid.. I was just referring to that situation.

  7. #22
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara Bear
    Welcome to our cozy litlle forum oOSC_I*S_PrincessoO
    Thanks.. but I hope you are not being sarcastic

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    902

    Not Me

    I can understand why you might think that. I am not going to call you crazy. But be assured that there are many of us here who think she is wonderful, including me. Just because I am a Michelle fan first and foremost, doesn't mean I don't appreciate Sasha's beautiful skating. I think she can be absolutely breathtaking.

  9. #24
    Skating Diva Kara Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by oOSC_I*S_PrincessoO
    Thanks.. but I hope you are not being sarcastic
    No, I hope it didnt sound like it. Usually someone always says hi to new posters. I noticed that no one did so I thought I'd give a little wave your way.

  10. #25
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    I can understand why you might think that. I am not going to call you crazy. But be assured that there are many of us here who think she is wonderful, including me. Just because I am a Michelle fan first and foremost, doesn't mean I don't appreciate Sasha's beautiful skating. I think she can be absolutely breathtaking.
    I know alot of people here think that, but I wasnt talking about everyone on this site. So there shouldn't be a reason to call me crazy, I am just a deep thinker.

  11. #26
    Minority member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    223
    Without really reading the response of others, to me, Sasha Rocks. So not everyone on this board hates her.

  12. #27
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Excidra2001
    Without really reading the response of others, to me, Sasha Rocks. So not everyone on this board hates her.
    I didnt say that everyone did.. I think she rocks too..

    Please people.. dont take this the wrong way

  13. #28
    Forum translator Ptichka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,430
    OK, Princess, I think now you have explained your position a little better. However, please try to understand how your post looks from our perspective. It's your first one, and you immediately start off by being rather negative about this forum. Imagine coming into someone's home for the first time and starting off with a "hey, that's one ugly sofa you got there!", and then just explaining that you are an interior designer paid to notice those things. Probably wouldn't be too appropriate, would it? That, however, was essentially what you did. If, however, you're willing to actually listen to what others are saying - then, by all means, welcome

  14. #29
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara Bear
    No, I hope it didnt sound like it. Usually someone always says hi to new posters. I noticed that no one did so I thought I'd give a little wave your way.
    Hey, that's my job! My computer has been down for two days, or I would have been on it in a flash

    It is always a pleasure to welcome first time posters to the board. So, oOSC, post often, post long

    Mathman

    PS. Go Sasha!

  15. #30
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by oOSC_I*S_PrincessoO
    Well I would respond to individual posts.. but I dont have the time.. and this is just my way of doing that..but maybe if I did have the time to write to an individual...I guess I would. I really dont understand you calling me a troll. I guess you are calling me that. But I was just questioning the subject.. because I didnt quite understand it.. and I wasnt calling people stupid.. I was just referring to that situation.
    Look, I don't have the time either, but I was under the impression you were looking for feedback, so I gave it while giving my observation on Golden Skate in general. If you are just looking for someone to say "people who hate sasha suck!" then, I would suggest another site. Further, I did not call you a troll, but was making a statement about trolls in general. Trolls don't bother me ~ because they're funny (stupid & silly but funny) Didn't mean to cause offense.

    Welcome to the site & go with love... :sheesh:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •