Thing that I have noticed about this site and Sasha Cohen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Thing that I have noticed about this site and Sasha Cohen

Kwanford Wife said:
Princess, as a confirmed uber Kwan fan, I can understand your confusion on some posts ~ because sometimes its hard to seperate your "fandom" of Sasha from a general love of the sport. When I first started posting here, I would get all in a lather if Kwan wasn't acknowledged as the Greatest of All Time (which of course she is... ;) ) and jump on the defensive... But, what I've grown to understand and respect about the posters here is that while we may not agree on who's the best ~ we tend to agree that bashing isn't the point. But rather thoughtful discussion and productive conversation. That's just the way it is... and the way it should be.

What I would suggest you do is to respond to the individual post that has sent you over the edge vs. making a general post about Sasha haters. Not that you aren't entitled to feel that way, but it increases your crediability, allows you to develop relationships with other posters and gives you the opportunty to explain why you think someone is wrong in their assessment of Sasha's technical & artistic abilities. (Rather than calling them stupid...)

Nobody likes a troll (unless its really late at night & I can't sleep & need entertainment :biggrin: ) and its counterproductive to begin your posting here in that vein... there are other sites for that...

We're figure skating fans... the most civilized sport on the planet! ;)

Well I would respond to individual posts.. but I dont have the time.. and this is just my way of doing that..but maybe if I did have the time to write to an individual...I guess I would. I really dont understand you calling me a troll. I guess you are calling me that. But I was just questioning the subject.. because I didnt quite understand it.. and I wasnt calling people stupid.. I was just referring to that situation.

kyla2

Final Flight
Not Me

I can understand why you might think that. I am not going to call you crazy. But be assured that there are many of us here who think she is wonderful, including me. Just because I am a Michelle fan first and foremost, doesn't mean I don't appreciate Sasha's beautiful skating. I think she can be absolutely breathtaking.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
oOSC_I*S_PrincessoO said:
Thanks.. but I hope you are not being sarcastic :)

No, I hope it didnt sound like it. Usually someone always says hi to new posters. I noticed that no one did so I thought I'd give a little wave your way. :)

kyla2 said:
I can understand why you might think that. I am not going to call you crazy. But be assured that there are many of us here who think she is wonderful, including me. Just because I am a Michelle fan first and foremost, doesn't mean I don't appreciate Sasha's beautiful skating. I think she can be absolutely breathtaking.

I know alot of people here think that, but I wasnt talking about everyone on this site. So there shouldn't be a reason to call me crazy, I am just a deep thinker.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Without really reading the response of others, to me, Sasha Rocks. :rock: So not everyone on this board hates her.

Excidra2001 said:
Without really reading the response of others, to me, Sasha Rocks. :rock: So not everyone on this board hates her.

I didnt say that everyone did.. I think she rocks too..

Please people.. dont take this the wrong way

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
OK, Princess, I think now you have explained your position a little better. However, please try to understand how your post looks from our perspective. It's your first one, and you immediately start off by being rather negative about this forum. Imagine coming into someone's home for the first time and starting off with a "hey, that's one ugly sofa you got there!", and then just explaining that you are an interior designer paid to notice those things. Probably wouldn't be too appropriate, would it? That, however, was essentially what you did. If, however, you're willing to actually listen to what others are saying - then, by all means, welcome :)

Kara Bear said:
No, I hope it didnt sound like it. Usually someone always says hi to new posters. I noticed that no one did so I thought I'd give a little wave your way. :)
Hey, that's my job! My computer has been down for two days, or I would have been on it in a flash :laugh:

It is always a pleasure to welcome first time posters to the board. So, oOSC, post often, post long :party2:

Mathman :)

PS. Go Sasha!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Well I would respond to individual posts.. but I dont have the time.. and this is just my way of doing that..but maybe if I did have the time to write to an individual...I guess I would. I really dont understand you calling me a troll. I guess you are calling me that. But I was just questioning the subject.. because I didnt quite understand it.. and I wasnt calling people stupid.. I was just referring to that situation.

Look, I don't have the time either, but I was under the impression you were looking for feedback, so I gave it while giving my observation on Golden Skate in general. If you are just looking for someone to say "people who hate sasha suck!" then, I would suggest another site. Further, I did not call you a troll, but was making a statement about trolls in general. Trolls don't bother me ~ because they're funny (stupid & silly but funny) Didn't mean to cause offense.

Welcome to the site & go with love... :sheesh:

millie

Medalist
Hi oOSC I*s PrincessoO, as you can see from the reaction from SOME people on this board that their are a lot of KWANADDICTS and the mention of Sasha's name sends them into a frenzy. Don't take it to heart. Catch you later.

Hey, Millie! Now I get to be the first to welcome you back, too.

Don't worry about those Kwan fans. I've got my eye on 'em. :)

Mathman

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
millie said:
Hi oOSC I*s PrincessoO, as you can see from the reaction from SOME people on this board that their are a lot of KWANADDICTS and the mention of Sasha's name sends them into a frenzy. Don't take it to heart. Catch you later.

Yay! Millie is back! The season is just around the corner... Let us Kwanaddicts or in my case Kwanford Wives rejoice!

76olympics

On the Ice
Actually, I enjoy watching Sasha very much. Many of her positions are quite lovely--but she can make me nervous and frustrated at times when she gives in after a mistake. I really can't think of any skater that I dislike ---just some that are my favorites. Others-not so much.

I have found this board to feature some of the most adult and informed discussions on the internet--and I have looked around. I know you will stay and find the same to be true. In fact, I am sometimes too intimidated by the knowledge here to post! There is very little silly bashing or rumour-mongering.

Welcome! Perhaps, you have some Sasha news and views that we don't. I have to admit my faves are the older skaters who "grew up with me" or were already in the elite scene when I was young. Maybe, it's easier to be a "fan" (as opposed to a more moderate admiration) of skaters older than you or your age! There's a controversial viewpoint for everyone! I will run behind a tree and you can trounce it soundly!

R.D.

Record Breaker
I didnt say that everyone did.. I think she rocks too..

Please people.. dont take this the wrong way

OK, I understand what you're trying to say now.

I agree with Ptichka...also notice from some of the responses to this thread that there are all different kinds of skating fans here :)

So not everybody hates her, there are a few who like her, and some who don't. You've just got to keep in mind that many of the vocal few (the frequent posters) tend to be the ones with the strongest opinions.

The main thing is for fans of skaters to not take slights personally. (Easier said than done, of course.)

Eeyora

Final Flight
Sasha gets about the same treatment as everyother swkater on this board. I think she is quite intriguing. Therefore she receives a lot of attention.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Eeyora, I think you are quite correct in saying that (in a strange way) it is sort of a compliment to Sasha that she does receive so much attention. That means that she is making her mark in the skating world. She is slowly gaining her own legion of uber-fans, but she hasn't been around as long as Michelle....so it isn't quite an army yet....lol. Anybody that becomes so well known is going to attract both negative and positive attention. One cannot expect anything less. And, as always, uber-fans are going to battle it out and toes and feelings are going to be stepped on. Just wait until Sasha has been around for about 10 years.....it will be a battle to the death between the Kwaniacs, the Irinanites, and the Cohenihilists......lol.
But, I also agree that this board is one of the best when it comes to (mostly) fair and balanced opinions. I love it here. I am a huge Kwan fan, but I like to think that I am level headed and exist in reality. I also am a Cohen and Slutskaya fan. So, Princess, please don't take offense. Some people are stupid and exist only to stir up trouble and to spread their negativity all around . I say ignore them. They are few and far between, and once they see most of us are dedicated to maintaining a free/open and bashless board....they will be gone. Criticisms of Sasha's skating doesn't equal bashing or hate, but baseless/mindless personal attacks do.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
Hey, that's my job! My computer has been down for two days, or I would have been on it in a flash :laugh:

It is always a pleasure to welcome first time posters to the board. So, oOSC, post often, post long :party2:
Mathman :)PS. Go Sasha!
Hey Math, missed the boat again!! I think that should call for a couple of strikes against you as a moderator. :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: Your computer problems is not a good excuse. Curses on you!!! :yes: :yes:

Why do I have the feeling that when you sent your PS....Go Sasha, you choked?? :disapp:

Dee