Thread: Plushy News:

Custom Title

Plushy News:

He may be a daddy. Personal news, taken from a review of a skating show that found an interesting note on the show program (you will have to scroll through the review):

http://www.eoi-global.com/article002.htm

It is also reported that he is working with Morosov (link to thread, with Russian article and translations):

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27076

Wow! That is a great photo of Fumie in that review. I love her costume!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Well, that is interesting news!!

Dee

Yah, that was the widespread speculation from the start - that the only reason Plushy would get married before the Olympics would be if his wife to be was already expecting. All the best to them!

Custom Title
    Nikolai has wanted to choreograph for Plushenko for a long time - he said that he felt that Evgeny's choreography until now was not the best and that he was capable of being an even greater skater if only given the proper vehicle to display his huge talent - can't wait to see what this collaboration could bring.

And, it's fascinating that once again there's a strong chance a Morozov-designed program will be on the top of the Olympic men's podium with either Joubert or Plushenko.

On the Ice
    According to the translation of the article I read Zanz, which I haven't translated myself yet, Morozov is only doing the footwork portions. I don't see where that will help Plushenko.

Custom Title
    Yeah, I read that but I don't believe it for a second, LOL - I'm going to bet that if this is really true and Mishin is looking to Morozov for guidance on any portion of Plushenko's programs - he'll run the entire program by him to get his opinion...and then input.

Plushy's weakness has never been footwork - even Alexei loved his 2003 World's LP straightline step-sequence. I think Mishin's scratching his head over how to get Evgeny to the top of the podium - and is willing to pull out all the stops - and work with 'strange bedfellows' LOL - to get the mission accomplished.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar
    Plushy's weakness has never been footwork
    I think his weakness has always been his choreography. It was interesting to watch Mishin video recording Sandu’s footwork at Skate Canada.

Dee