Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Why do you dislike Navka/Kostomarov?

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    D&S may have had a more difficult program (with some ugly but difficult lifts), but this is ice dance and style counts for a lot.
    IMHO, what did Denkova/Staviysky in at that competition was Staviysky's shirt; it flapped up into his face WAY TOO OFTEN and it was a major distraction. I actually preferred N/K's free dance overall, but I really do think that D/S would have received slightly better marks had it not been for the Flapping Fabric Factor; I really think it detracted from the overall impression they were trying to create.

Custom Title
    But then this is coming from someone who really never got the whole Oksana Baiul thing, either. I mean, I understood it, I just didn't tap into it myself.[/QUOTE]

Oksana, was a youthful, energetic spark that the figure skating world needed at that time. During the whole Nancy and Tanya incident. She was like a little fairytale princess and I believe she is what the 94 Olympics needed.. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by equestrianguy
    But then this is coming from someone who really never got the whole Oksana Baiul thing, either. I mean, I understood it, I just didn't tap into it myself.
    Oksana, was a youthful, energetic spark that the figure skating world needed at that time. During the whole Nancy and Tanya incident. She was like a little fairytale princess and I believe she is what the 94 Olympics needed.. IMHO
    And that's how I looked at the performance. Certainly not for the skating.

Joe

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6