Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Why do you dislike Navka/Kostomarov?

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    D&S may have had a more difficult program (with some ugly but difficult lifts), but this is ice dance and style counts for a lot.
    IMHO, what did Denkova/Staviysky in at that competition was Staviysky's shirt; it flapped up into his face WAY TOO OFTEN and it was a major distraction. I actually preferred N/K's free dance overall, but I really do think that D/S would have received slightly better marks had it not been for the Flapping Fabric Factor; I really think it detracted from the overall impression they were trying to create.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    But then this is coming from someone who really never got the whole Oksana Baiul thing, either. I mean, I understood it, I just didn't tap into it myself.[/QUOTE]

Oksana, was a youthful, energetic spark that the figure skating world needed at that time. During the whole Nancy and Tanya incident. She was like a little fairytale princess and I believe she is what the 94 Olympics needed.. IMHO

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by equestrianguy
    But then this is coming from someone who really never got the whole Oksana Baiul thing, either. I mean, I understood it, I just didn't tap into it myself.
    Oksana, was a youthful, energetic spark that the figure skating world needed at that time. During the whole Nancy and Tanya incident. She was like a little fairytale princess and I believe she is what the 94 Olympics needed.. IMHO
    And that's how I looked at the performance. Certainly not for the skating.

Joe

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6