Rock Chip on New Car - AAAARG | Golden Skate

Rock Chip on New Car - AAAARG

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I gor my first rock chip yesterday, driving home from work. A rock flew up and hit my car really hard. I knew there had to be damage. There is a tiny chip on the drivers side.

I am heartbroken. I plan to fix it with some touch up paint.
Hope it works.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Hi Ladskater, sorry to hear about the car damage. There is a process that a professional does where they come to your house and smooth out "non bent metal". That is to say they "massage" the dents and ripples out at usually considerably less than any colision repair place. The ad is usuall under "auto repair" but will usually be distinct in phrasing like "don't spend unneccesary money for outrageous car repairs, let us come to you for small and light dents"
Most I've found are reputalble and can be verified.

They basically take a large flat sucction cup and slowly pull the dents out, then touch up the paint. Don't know if you want to put out the investment in time and capital, however it does really work.

Good luck and happy driving and most of all Keep Karen's Legacy Alive!!! :p

your sk8m8, mark

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
I gor my first rock chip yesterday, driving home from work. A rock flew up and hit my car really hard. I knew there had to be damage. There is a tiny chip on the drivers side.

I am heartbroken. I plan to fix it with some touch up paint.
Hope it works.

This is why I will never buy a brand new car. I wouldn't be able to handle the stress.

JOHIO2

Medalist
I'm with Sandee - I would not buy a new car again, even if I could afford it. I remember well the first dings and scratches on my last new car. Such stress! How could "they" damage my 'baby!"

Still, Lad, I DO understand your distress........

heyang

Record Breaker
It's so much easier when the 1st one is out of the way.

My very 1st new car got dinged by a Trans-Am on my driver door less than 3 hours after I took it off the lot. Too bad I didn't see them do it....

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
In 1969, I had a 4 day old Dodge, all paid for and a guy ran a stop sign in front of me and neither the car nor I were ever the same again.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Good news guys and gals! A car detailer came to my rescue. It cost me $42.00, but he managed to cover the chips (very minute at that) with paint from the dealer. He told me the car will not look the exact same anymore, but believe me one could never tell.

I know I can't keep it in mint condition forever, but it's too soon for dings and scratches. I knew getting a brand new car would stress me out. Too bad I have to drive so far to work.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Way to go, Lad. We've called the "Dent Doctor" out to the house a few times for "dings". I bought my very first new car in 1972. I had it a whole two weeks before I scratched the trunk lid with the bottom of a paper cutter. We tried to touch it up, but because the scratch was so wide, it showed. :cool: 42

sk8m8

Final Flight
great for you, Ladskater. what show42 was describing was what I was recommeding if the dimple or dent was too large to be covered by just touch up paint. Hey, now you have an identifying mark on your car. It must belong to you now :p , Really, they may have dinged you, but they didn't take away the new car smell, so enjoy and know that you deserve every mile of happiness, and as always, Keep Karen's legacy ALIVE! :clap: