D&L announce choreographer & music for '06 | Golden Skate

D&L announce choreographer & music for '06

Antilles

Medalist
http://www.dubreuil-lauzon.com/journal.php

I am very excited to hear they worked with David Wilson for their FD. I love his choreography. I am not familiar with the music from "Somewhere in Time", but the idea sounds lovely. It was also nice to hear that Tracy Wilson helped them with choreography as well.

emma

Record Breaker
Somewhere in time is from some movie...I forget which one...but it is lovely music, someone at my rink was skating to it last year and I got to hear it a lot and liked it very much.

pollyls

Rinkside
Somewhere in Time

The "Somewhere in Time" soundtrack is legendary for requiring at least one box of tissue, maybe two. The movie is a tearjerker. Christopher Reeve starred in it. I hope I can watch D&L's free dance to this music without bawling. It's sure to be powerful.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Good choreographer choice.

I do, however, wonder how much Zazoie can concetrate on D&L with Del&Scl climbing steadily through the ranks. It was OK up until a couiple of seasons ago, when the two teams were almost identical in rankings, but could spell trouble now.

The "Somewhere in Time" theme (played five times in the movie) is the venerable chestnut "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paginini" by Rachmaninov.

BTW, here is the official Somewhere in Time web site, where you can buy Somewhere in Time books, Somewhere in Time CDs, Somewhere in Time jewelry, Somewhere in Time memorabilia, etc. You can also sign up for the Somewhere in Time quarterly newsletter.

http://www.somewhereintime.tv/

MM :)

nicole_l

Final Flight
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paginini may be over-used, but it's beautiful. My favorite is I&Z's Salt Lake program. Gorgeous!

No wait, you're right. I&Z did the Rachmaninov version in 2002. In 2001 they did the Variations ? :scratch:

Eeyora

Final Flight
Never saw the movie but it is one of my all time favorite pieces of music.

ATW27

On the Ice
Mathman said:
No wait, you're right. I&Z did the Rachmaninov version in 2002. In 2001 they did the Variations ? :scratch:

They did use Variations on a Theme of Paganini (which is a version by Andrew Lloyd Weber, IRC)for the 2001 season, and continued using it in the Grand Prix events in the fall of that year. They then switched to Rachmaninov's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini for the Grand Prix Final, and used it for the remainder of the season (which included the Olympics, of course). At least, that's how I remember it.
As for myself, I don't mind one bit if D&L use it, even if it is a 'war horse' piece of music; it's beautifull music, and one of my favorites. I never grow tired of it.

Andy W.

chania36

On the Ice
WOW I am so happy to see them come back to something more romantic. They were know at first for that piece of music Life is Beautiful and they have such a connection together, being boyfriend and girlfiend and seeing their love for each other on the ice, well to skate to this piece of music, will just be, IMO, a masterpiece. They could not have chose any better for the olympic year. Choice is very important and this one is really a winner. :clap:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Antilles said:
http://www.dubreuil-lauzon.com/journal.php

I am very excited to hear they worked with David Wilson for their FD. I love his choreography. I am not familiar with the music from "Somewhere in Time", but the idea sounds lovely. It was also nice to hear that Tracy Wilson helped them with choreography as well.

Brian Orser used the music from Somewhere in Time for pro event a couple of years ago and won. His program was awesome and is one of his signature programs.

This should be a lovely program for D&L. I understand this will be their final year. Great to hear David Wilson is their choreographer.

CDMM1991

Medalist
My new long program music is to the music that I/Z skated their Salt Lake long program to! My coach and I discussed it knowing that it was an over used piece of music but deciding to go with it anyway because we just loved it. :)

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
I doubt they're using the Rhapsody part. They're probably going to use the main theme, which is similar to Out of AFrica (Same composer, after all). Long, sweeping passages...

I'll start bawling when I see it. I've always wanted someone to skate to this music.